Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are an experienced QA Manager who is passionate about cloud-native technologies, testing, automation, and leading a global team, let’s talk!
Sysdig is looking for a seasoned QA Manager to build and lead a global team. This role is based in Belgrade and is chartered with supporting our fast-growing Sysdig Monitor product. As such you will partner closely with our global Engineering teams (US, Milan, Belgrade, Zaragoza) and help us inject quality in every step of the development cycle. We’re searching for someone who is passionate about technology and excited to jump into the cloud-native market.
- Lead, grow and guide the Sysdig Monitor QA Team with employees based in Milan, Zaragoza, Belgrade and San Francisco
- Own and drive quality of the Monitor product by, enhancing QA Team’s knowledge and ensure full-stack testing
- Provide technical guidance to the team to test and automate new features and regression test cases, including UI and API suites
- Deliver with quality and on time to deployment
- Work with the release team and all other product stakeholders on ensuring features are released on time with quality to the Release Engineering team
- Collaborate with development managers and Quality engineering Managers on feature sprint planning and provide metrics on testing progress
- Responsible for identifying risks and working with the appropriate product development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- A trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- Generate and provide quality metrics for your area/application requirements.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of SDETs
- Great automation testing experience
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to be a technical manager, well versed in testing and automation including frameworks written in Java or Python
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and web-based User Interface Automation using Selenium
- Well versed with SDLC
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application deployments and troubleshooting
- Passion for quality — building, and delivering robust products
- Results-oriented with a strong customer focus
- Communicate clearly and effectively (verbal and written) to your team members and other stakeholders
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us
- Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment oriented thinking
- Good understanding of CI/CD using Jenkins
- SaaS experience is preferred
- You can perform white box, black box when needed, load, stress and system/integration testing
- Good understanding of enterprise-class applications (SaaS and On-Prem)
- Experience in creating microservices-based environments and reproduce customer problems
- Unix, Linux tools with some Unix scripting experience
- A well-rounded leader with great enthusiasm at the same time fun to hang out with