Quality Assurance Engineer
Reports to: Quality Assurance LeadLocation: Belgrade, Serbia
Embroker is a Silicon Valley based startup that’s building the future of insurance, a $5T global industry. Founded in 2015, Embroker has already been named one of the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs, and also one of the startups disrupting trillion-dollar industries by CNBC. Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco, with other offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade.
Our team is a diverse and talented group with deep experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing. We work hard, have fun solving hard problems, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry.
We're looking for talented, obsessive people to join us in building the world's first next- generation insurance company. We promise cutting-edge challenges, the opportunity to work with superstars, constant improvement, and massive upside for those who contribute and grow with the company.
Interested in joining us? We'd love to hear from you.
About the position
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining automation that supports the quality of the product. As a member of the Quality Assurance team, they are expected to take an active role in quality assurance activities and develop an in-depth knowledge of the product. Participation in challenging product design and execution will also be expected, as well as high efficiency in both manual and automated testing, and testing technologies.
- Participation in test automation activities
- Planning testing strategies for features or pieces of infrastructure
- Smoke, functional, integration, exploratory, and regression black-box and gray-box testing
- Deep familiarity of the product
- Bug submission
- Active participation in team and company meetings
- Knowledge sharing
Required Experience and Skills
IT related degree
- 2+ years experience in quality assurance
- 1+ years experience in quality assurance automation
- Knowledge of software engineering & quality assurance methods and principles
- Team player, great communication & interpersonal skills
Nice To Have
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum teams
What Embroker offers
- Competitive salary & paid vacation
- Comfortable work environment
- Scrum environment
- Flexible working hours
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Smart, like-minded colleagues
- Team building events
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and certification
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, etc.
- Subsidized fitness card
- Subsidized parking, transportation or healthcare
- Chance to shape the future of insurance