We are looking for:
R&D Software Engineer
Seven Bridges Genomics is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. Voted “Best of Show: Informatics Tools and Data” at Bio-IT World 2013, we democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalized medicine a reality.
The flexibility of our platform, in the hands of our large team of experts, allows us to collaborate with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders, and we are currently enabling many such efforts. We are also excited to have been selected to participate in the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Cloud Pilot, which will accelerate and expand our vision.
As a member of our R&D team you will be working on implementing the next generation of bioinformatics tools. You will translate insights from mathematics and computer science into a brand-new set of analysis tools that take a fresh approach to identifying and understanding genetic
An ideal candidate would:
- have an extensive experience working with a low-level programming languages, ideally C/C++
- have a strong background in computer science, math or physics
- have familiarity with applied mathematics
- have a solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures, both in theory and implementation
- be able to learn quickly and thoroughly
- have the ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- be proficient in spoken and written English
and we also think that...
- experience in genomics is a plus
- an understanding of statistics is a plus
- experience in working with databases is a plus
We don't expect the candidates to meet every single requirement on our list. Above all we are looking for a strong cultural fit, as we value our team more than anything else and we like to learn from each other and share that knowledge. In return, we offer a relaxed and open work environment, flexible working hours, and great work conditions.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomic analysis tools, please apply here.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.