At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle, and doing so with a focus on quality and usability.
We are looking for a Mobile Automation Engineer to join our QA Team and work with existing members of the team to build a foundation for UI automation for our Android app. As an automation engineer, you’ll be contributing to our efforts to build and operationalize a continuously growing library of automated tests in order to monitor and improve quality across our mobile products, which are used by hundreds of thousands of users every day. You’ll work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure that test coverage is provided for key features and product changes before we release them to our coaches and users. You’ll also work on improving post-launch quality by digging into bug reports and helping to ensure that we focus our attention on the highest-impact issues affecting our users.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- A respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- Three weeks’ paid vacation, and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly. We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing UI automation for native Android apps
- 3+ years using native Android UI automation frameworks such as Espresso
- A proven track record of building and maintaining effective automated tests
- Familiarity with one or more cloud test execution platforms: Firebase Test Lab, AWS Device Farm, App Center Test Cloud, Saucelabs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, agile SCRUM, start-up environment
- Interest in digging into user reports to assess and prioritize post-launch technical issues