GroundLink is a global platform for ground transportation based in New York City, serving corporate clients and leisure travels in most major cities and 110 countries. With our award winning app, world class website and exceptional 24/7 customer service center, we seamlessly connect our vast network of professional and licensed drivers with discerning clients who value their time, their safety, and appreciate great customer service.
We are a global team of people who work hard, work together, and have plenty of face time with senior leadership (they actually WANT to hear what's on our minds!). Our major offices are based in New York, Dallas and Belgrade, Serbia, so there's always someone just a Skype call away, anytime of the day.
We are always interested in adding extraordinary people to our team - especially those who love new challenges, appreciate flexible schedules and are as passionate about their careers as they are about their lives. We celebrate and encourage diversity because when we all think alike, nobody's thinking very much.
We are currently looking for candidates for the position of:
SQL Developer / Database Administrator
One work position
This person will be responsible for providing technical support for the database environment, including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
- Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize online processing databases environment.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment.
- Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments.
- Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
- 2-3 years IT operations experience with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- SQL Server 2012+
- Database Administration
- Database Modeling
- Database Tuning
- Database Management
- Database Security
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of English
What we are offering
- Dynamic, challenging, fun and friendly work environment in multinational company
- Full-time employment
- Competitive and stimulating compensation
We will only consider applications submitted in English.
For more information about our company, please visit our web site www.groundlink.com