Vibe Network is looking for
Is leading Agile teams and partnering with Product Owners to deliver business commitments your passion?
The Scrum Master provides daily leadership and coordination to one or more Agile teams. This role is responsible for ensuring the Agile Team is working efficiently and effectively by synchronizing activities and removing obstacles in the way of successful delivery. The Scrum Master partners with the Product Owner to ensure the team understands the team's purpose, deliverables, and schedule to deliver on the business commitments.
What We Do
Vibe is a product development partner to the Fr8HUB.com , “Uber for trucking". What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect carriers, truck drivers,and shippers by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
If you like challenge we have a lot to offer. Our competitors are from “NBA” technology league (Amazon, Uber etc) fighting for the piece of $800 billion market.
How We Do It
We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provides servant leadership to the team, garners respect from team(s) and is willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
- Prepares, moderates, and follows up on regular Scrum ceremonies; including daily stand-ups, sprint and release planning sessions, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Facilitates Agile team for scope grooming, estimation and planning activities to ensure teams approach will deliver desired business value
- Remove impediments or guides the team by finding the right person/people to remove the impediment leveraging tools and processes such as the teams JIRA board, governance, and risk profiles
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Supports the Product Owner with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Supports team in drafting and adhering to agreements for definition of ready and definition of done
- Facilitates cross team and organizational dependencies to ensure decision making, and conflict resolution occurs in timely fashion
- Responsible for communicating team progress to Product Delivery Managers, Product Owners and other stakeholders
- Creates and publishes metrics to track and review team performance including burndown charts, velocity, and other sprint and release metrics
- Assesses the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Tracks progress of team project scope and works with Product Owner to create change orders for additional or reducing scope as appropriate
- Leads multiple teams with multiple levels of seniority to accomplish project goals
What You Need To Bring
- A Bachelors (BA or BS) with 2+ years experience managing projects with Agile Teams
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Practiced skills and knowledge of Scrum and Kanban approaches
- Applied understanding and execution of Agile Scrum ceremonies and processes
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing etc
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Scrum Master certification
- Previous experience using Atlassian Agile toolsets
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Participation in continuous learning activities and community of practices
- Experience with a client facing or product development Agile Teams