Search Engine Engineer - Ricardo Engineering Team
Job location: Belgrade
ricardo.ch is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 1 million listed items and more than 2 million users and it has ownership on everything related to building the best search experience, from the infrastructure to the ranking algorithms and user experience.
If you want to make a difference and have an impact on e-commerce shopping in Switzerland, join ricardo.ch with InterVenture in Belgrade!
We believe in continuous improvement, learning together, building great software and having fun.
If you enjoy solving problems and you are creative in the solutions you bring to problems, then you will enjoy working with us as a
Search Engine Engineer
- Collaborate with our Data Intelligence team to solve problems for recommendations
- Build and improve our search service
- Work with User Experience designers, Product Manager and other Software engineers to design search solutions
- Scale the search service to support ricardo.ch growth in the number of listings
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience in engineering
- Strong Java skills and computer science fundamentals
- Experience working with search technologies (Solr, ElasticSearch, Sphinx...)
- Experience with custom search algorithms implementation, tuning, ranking, synonyms, localization
- Knowledge of A/B testing and automated testing
- Experience with Python, R, Scala, Julia on data science projects is a plus
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, trainings)
- Great equipment
- Work in international team of talented engineers
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in an stimulating environment