Are you looking to be part of a proven, funded pioneering start-up that is transforming sourcing materials for fashion and footwear brands? Is it important to be part of the next big global tech company that is revolutionizing one of the most pollutive industries in the world through promoting sustainable production practices?
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2018, Swedish company Material Exchange is an international one-stop Marketplace where data meets innovation in a technology platform that simplifies the materials sourcing process for both buyers and suppliers. Making such a big vision happen can only happen with great talent so we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers. If you dislike paper and are an aspiring hero for our planet, and want to join a growing international team of ambitious and friendly industry disruptors, we should talk!
WHO WE WANT TO HIRE:
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release. Your responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building modules and testing features before release. If you have hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready to lead our junior developers, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards;
- Follow the existing company, team and project processes and procedures and suggest how to improve them;
- Work with project manager and quality assurance representative to estimate issue resolution or package implementation efforts;
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Perform unit and integration testing of an application and identify, troubleshoot and solve application code related issues.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 4+ years of work experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language
- Experience using RDBS: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres etc.
- Experience with testing using JUnit and
- Mockito or similar tools
- Experience working with RESTful services
- Knowledge of Maven
- Effective use of the Git source control system including branching, merging and pull requests
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Deep usage of Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Cloud environments will be considered as a plus
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Readiness to share your knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise
- Passion about clean code, enjoy pair-programming, TDD, & code reviews
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in written communication
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Review and estimation of user stories in an agile process
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer the opportunity to join a fast-growing international start-up that is on the leading edge of innovation in materials sourcing. We are a group of colleagues who are extremely passionate about our individual craft, what we’re creating together, and each other. We support our employees with competitive compensation, as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities.
We embrace diversity and inclusion, respect and value differences, and appreciate diverse life experiences. We know when people from different backgrounds and points of view work together, we can create significant change and value – for our customers, partners, employees and for the planet.
Interested in helping change an industry that touches every person on the planet (meaning anybody who wears clothes and shoes) through this position? Please send us your CV! We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
If Interested please apply electronically.