We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product—a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Senior Data Analyst role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
The usual tasks are (but not limited to):
- Research anomalies in a certain business process, find patterns and causes and deliver concise and actionable updates and business recommendations.
- Optimize the anomaly research process to deliver insights in a timely and actionable manner.
- Support our stakeholders and help them achieve their respective goals (set up experiments and deliver insights, set up new metrics and monitoring tools, research certain user behavior, etc.).
Who we are looking for
- Advanced math and statistics.
- Advanced SQL + Python/R.
- At least intermediate English (both spoken and written).
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience in A/B testing.
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience in DS/ML.
- Experience in Agile processes and tools (e.g. Jira).
- Experience in documenting own work results (e.g. Confluence).
- Business-oriented (ability to look at the problem from a business point of view, not just from a numbers point of view).
- Communication (ability to ask tons of questions, prove your point, present insights and recommendations).
- Proactive (ability to generate and deliver new ideas, willingness to improve processes and help business move forward).
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
The team is focused on holistic business process monitoring and improvement.
- SaaS internal analytics: user funnel from registrations to payment and user behavior—product analytics, retention, churn, etc.
- Data anomaly monitoring and research across the whole business.
- Analytical support in strategic business initiatives (segmentation, forecasting, product launches, etc.).
- Providing analytical support in recommendations to various company departments
Our key stakeholders are all company departments from c-level and product up to billing and retention teams.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home).
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Corporate events.
- Annual paid vacation (22 working or 30 calendar days).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Spanish courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.