SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Reports to: CTO
Status: Full time
Embroker is a Silicon Valley based startup that’s building the future of insurance, a $5T global industry. Founded in 2015, Embroker has already been named one of the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs, and one of the startups disrupting trillion-dollar industries by CNBC. Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco, with other offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade.
Our team is a diverse and talented group with deep experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing. We work hard, have fun solving hard problems, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry.
We're looking for talented, obsessive people to join us in building the world's first next- generation insurance company. We promise cutting-edge challenges, the opportunity to work with superstars, constant improvement, and massive upside for those who contribute and grow with the company.
Interested in joining us? We'd love to hear from you.
About the Position
- Embroker is looking for a senior database developer to fill out our tech leadership. The candidate must have formidable experience with SQL technology and its applications in a 24x7 scalable cloud environment, both in the design & implementation capacity
- The candidate will be a self-starter, driven and with initiative, knows how to reach out and push to get things done
- The candidate must be a very quality oriented person constantly seeking how to improve and simplify
- The candidate should work well in a fast paced and agile startup environment
- The candidate will work closely with the CTO and tech leads to define and lead Embroker’s implementation of operational database, data-warehouse / BI, and data access APIs
Must-have Skills / Experience
- 7+ years experience working with PostgreSQL technologies in a 24x7 real time environment
- Must be able to program in general purpose languages
- Experience with ER modeling, and working with visual ER data modeling tools
- Experience architecting & implementing scalable data systems (replication, sharding, etc)
- Experience with modern BI / data warehousing technologies (Hadoop, Redshift, etc)
- Ability to document work and share knowledge with other team members, strong oral and written communication skills
- Additional Desired Skills
- Experience architecting & implementing modern cloud services data access APIs
- Experience with micro services architecture / infrastructure
What Embroker offers
- Competitive salary & paid vacation
- Comfortable work environment
- Scrum environment
- Flexible working hours
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Smart, like-minded colleagues
- Team building events
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and certification
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, etc.
- Subsidized fitness card
- Subsidized parking, transportation or healthcare
- Chance to shape the future of insurance