US hedge fund develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies - the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
Technologists at fund research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code on a daily basis.
CorePlatforms staff engineer solutions that the entire company depends on. Our systems need to be impactful, reliable and convenient.
As a system and GitLab administrator you will need to fully support GitLab server, plan, implement and maintain infrastructure, deploy and support software.
As an engineer you will be working with popular Open Source middleware (Kafka, Airflow, Sentry, Redis) making sure it works reliably at scale. Building out next generation solutions and bringing in other solutions from the cloud to work within a production environment with serious PNL running through it.
Successful Candidates will be getting deep knowledge of running existing production critical systems and be involved in engineering new services.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented engineer to join our team to join a group responsible for various core platforms.
- Provide support for GitLab server
- Deploy, upgrade, monitor and support software both proprietary and open source.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties
- Collaborate with peers both inside and outside your team
- Solid understanding of Linux (understanding of Linux internals, process management, troubleshooting of permissions, network, performance, and process execution issues)
- Practical experience with Kubernetes (experience with Helm would be a bonus)
- Very strong GitLab Server knowledge (deployment, backup and restore, rollback, migration, troubleshooting)
- Practical experience in setting up and maintaining GitLab Geo Replication (experience with true HA configuration would be a bonus)
- Experience in setting up and maintaining GitLab runners both in K8s and on bare metal
- Practical experience with GitLab CI
- Practical experience with infrastructure as a code (Ansible)
- Hands-on knowledge of Docker/Podman
- English: B2 Upper Intermediate