to extend Tamedia`s Data Analytics team with InterVenture in Belgrade. Tamedia is the largest Swiss Media company with almost 4000 employees. With its modern headquarters in central Zurich, Tamedia is also the most successful digital company in the country. Tamedia Digital is the umbrella for all Tamedia Holdings in the digital space.
Currently this digital portfolio has over 1500 employees within 14 companies across 5 countries. Tamedia’s other part and it’s roots lay in publishing, which contains Switzerland’s most prestigious and most frequented newspapers and several international press products.
The Tamedia Data Analytics Team (TDA) works with all these companies to build advanced data products and services. To further scale these systems and build new products we are committed to further grow this team and expand its engineering capabilities with a dedicated team of specialists in Belgrade.
We work with cutting edge technologies to go from research prototypes into production systems at a rapid pace. Our systems serve more than 40% of the attributable swiss internet traffic and reach more than 85% of the swiss population on a monthly basis. You closely work with the Zurich based part of the team: Data Scientists, Engineers and Product Managers to build a proprietary high-performance data analytics platform. Our platform is based on the concept of real-time stream processing and built to scale.
We actively use and contribute to open source projects by developing pieces that do not contain trade secrets as Open Source from the beginning.
- Write automation code to build scalable, reliable and secure cloud infrastructure on AWS and Google Cloud
- Write code to improve our tooling, monitoring, orchestration, and deployments
- Provide site reliability and development operations
- Building up and maintaining Kafka and other database clusters as well as the logging infrastructure
- Calculating, overseeing and optimizing the costs of the infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux
- Excellent coding skills in any language
- Fluent in Python, we use Saltstack
- Experience with at least one configuration management system
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Good understanding of SQL
- Understanding how the Internet works
- Ability to research, evaluate and propose suitable new technologies
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Experience in cloud automation and HA setups
- Experience with distributed systems
- Understanding Linux containers
- Experience with Kafka, ZooKeeper, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL datastore is a huge plus
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses
- Proficiency in C, Go or D
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Develop further on modern technologies and innovative projects
- Highly competitive salary and fringe benefits
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Permanent employment contract
If you are interested, please send your CV to Ana and Laetitia our Talent Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org