Senior Frontend Engineer
Belgrade/Nis · Full time
Frame is the future of software distribution. It allows users to be productive from anywhere, by letting them run any desktop applications on any device. To make that possible, we’ve developed world’s first cloud platform to run any software in a browser.
Front end codebase is one of the most critical parts of Frame. It represents a place where users interact not only with our platform, but also with apps they are using. Photoshop, AutoCAD, 3DS Max, and SolidWorks are just some of the apps that Frame delivers to millions of users worldwide.
From day one, we’ve been focused on great user experience across devices (desktops, tablets, phones), operating systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), and browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE). Expect challenging work that will constantly move you outside your comfort zone.
As a Frame engineer you’ll work on Web Terminal, the component used to stream desktop experience in a browser. In order to provide the best user experience, you’ll have to extract the maximum performance out of JS.
- Take a part in designing and building the Terminal’s robust architecture
- Learn high-end JS: ASMjs, WebAssembly and PNaCl
- Be a part of a team which plans precisely and delivers on time
- Participate in code reviews and react to feedback
- Coordinate activities with other teams and stakeholders across the organization and time zones
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected. The position assumes trips to San Mateo, California a few times a year. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately.
What we expect:
- Common sense: We like people who can handle and an arbitrary coding problem, not just a specific technology
- Teamwork: We love to work as a team. You are excited to share your ideas and problems, and quickly process feedback
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic decision maker and prioritizer
- Nice to know: NodeJS module organisation, Browserify + NPM, Git, Cloud concepts and AWS, Ruby, Heroku