Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA. Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Develop and maintain core backend framework and web applications supporting Kraken’s institutional clients
- Construct dynamically scalable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement a multi-year product roadmap
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Heroku) for deployment and orchestration
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Go and similar object-oriented languages
- Proficiency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL
- Have worked on a team before and write clean, testable code
- Intellectual honesty, passion for problem solving, proactive mindset and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a remote-first environment
- Passion for software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
Nice to have
- Proficiency in C++, Golang and/or Rust
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Redis
- Experience with crypto/FX trading, derivatives and blockchains
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Deadline for applications: 15.11.2021.