Senior Fullstack Engineer
Upstack Technologies INC
Rad od kuće
About the Company:
Launched in 2017 in New York, N.Y., UPSTACK is transforming the way infrastructure is sourced and sold. Through a powerful combination of the industry's leading advisors, advanced technology, and dedicated customer support resources—UPSTACK uses actionable business intelligence to architect and source customized technology solutions for businesses of all sizes. With UPSTACK, business buyers streamline IT procurement by tapping into a single source for mission-critical technology services from hundreds of proven providers, along with the professional guidance to identify and evaluate the best solutions.
UPSTACK recently secured a substantial equity investment from Berkshire Partners, a firm with over 35 years of investment experience and deep sector expertise in technology and communications. The investment is being used to evolve UPSTACK's intuitive technology platform, expand its product and service portfolio and accelerate its direct investments in the industry's top-producing sales agencies. To date, the company has acquired over twenty-five independent agencies to become the largest and fastest-growing agency in the technology industry.
About the Team:
At UPSTACK, the Engineering team is responsible for building software to help manage complex business processes and implementing complex system integrations. The Engineering team also works closely with the Product organization to develop and drive the long-term roadmap for our suite of software.
Engineers at UPSTACK believe that clear is better than clever, sturdy is better than shiny, and done is better than perfect. We write testable, well-documented code that thoughtfully answers the needs of the company. We remember the human, whether that’s the user at the other end of the system or our fellow engineer.
About the Role:
The Senior Fullstack Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining software for UPSTACK’s product and technology platform. This is a full time role.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Deliver stable, well tested, performant, and easy to maintain software based on the product and technology roadmap
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams daily to fulfill sprint objectives
- Assist with system design and technology recommendations as needed
- Participate and influence architectural discussions and decision making
- Mentor other engineers and participate in interviewing and skill assessments as needed
Ideal Candidate Profile:
You enjoy solving problems with others and have used your technical knowledge and experience to measurably improve the outcome of an initiative or to fulfill a customer need. You eagerly volunteer to take on an active role in engineering the most critical components of a solution and take pride in seeing them through to success. Maybe you consider yourself a technical leader in some ways already, or have confidence that your ideas and direction make an overall positive impact to the team and product you produce. You understand the value of delivering new features on a regular cadence. You write stable, maintainable, and performant code and practice defensible programming and test-driven development; often sharing and encouraging these practices with new team members. You have made both good and bad technical decisions and learned from all of them. You’re excited at the prospect of contributing to engineering best practices as the organization grows.
You are an enthusiastic teammate, who engages in collaboration and proactive discussion. You are an effective communicator who can explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. You work with confidence and without ego. You have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of ownership in your daily work. You have loosely-held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You can surface your unarticulated assumptions. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to support your fellow teammates.
Our Current Stack:
- Web Frameworks: Rails, React
- Data Storage: Postgres, Redis
- Cloud Technologies: Heroku, AWS, Lambda, RDS
- Data Transformation and Analysis: Fivetran, dbt, Tableau
- Able to work legally in the US
- Willing to work during standard work hours for the US East Coast
- High Proficiency with React
- Experience with back-end development
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Working in agile development environments
- Good communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS)
- Experience with TypeScript and/or Rails
- B2B and/or enterprise software experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with the OpenAPI Specification
- Some familiarity with secure coding practices and OWASP
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Note: we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship at this time.
Preporuke se učitavaju...