Function of the Position:
The role of the Senior IT Project Manager is to support high visibility data management and application development initiatives to ensure the design, development, implementation and rollout of new platforms and systems are carried out in an efficient manner. Projects will include system integration and data architecture modernization efforts, as well as custom built application development and modernization. The candidate will be a member of the Portfolio, Project and Resource Management team, within the Office of Information Management and Technology. Through the application of best practices, this team ensures that IT projects are managed to deliver results and that resources are used effectively to meet the strategic priorities of the business while maintaining high-quality operational performance. The Senior IT Project Manager provides coordination of resources across the organization in meeting IT project objectives and reports to Director of IT Project Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- IT Project Management Support for Enterprise Data Initiatives
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business initiatives in collaboration with senior management and business stakeholders. Direct and manage project development from beginning to end with project plans, associated documentation and activities. Ensure project management documentation is kept up to date and stakeholders are informed of progress. Build multi-disciplinary teams required to meet business demands, including surge capacities when needed on critical projects. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team. Assist technical leads in managing relationships with external resources and service providers (system integrators and consultants on IT projects). Co-ordinate with other IT project managers to establish sound project management practices for managing projects of varying size, applying appropriate project management principles based on the complexity, size and business priority of each project. Assist project teams and technical leads in resource allocation and prioritization of IT projects. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of any project.
- Support Development of IT Standards and Documentation for Use Across the Organization
Collaborate with the IT managers to ensure that a standard set of tools, documents and procedures are developed, maintained and routinely executed by the development teams. Work with team members to establish and report on metrics used to gauge project and portfolio health.
- Support Management of Off-site Resources
Coordinate the inputs of IT professionals based in various DAI office locations. Ensure the integration of these resources into IT project teams and, working closely with the Service Delivery Managers, ensure the efficient use of off-site resources across various corporate initiatives. Travel to various DAI office locations is anticipated when global conditions allow for it.
- 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in Project / Program Management using leading methodologies and processes
- Proven ability to implement high-level program initiatives
- Experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams across multiple locations and create a sense of community among the members of a project team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated organizational abilities and leadership qualities
- Skilled in the use of MS Project for project planning
- Good understanding of budgetary control and resource allocation procedures
- Experience with AGILE project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Experience with system integration and data migration efforts
- Ability to travel, when COVID restrictions allow
- Preferred Credentials - PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin