Deploy is a technology services company headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Belgrade and Sydney.
We are currently looking for a
Senior Java Developer
to join our Belgrade team
Senior Developers play an important role at Deploy and are a critical component of a project's success. As senior members of a project team, they are exposed to all aspects of the project development life-cycle and the 'big picture' of helping to make it a success. Senior Developers must have strong problem solving abilities as well as the ability to identify risks well before they become issues and proactively work alone or with the team to resolve them.
The ideal candidate for this role is excited by the challenges of building world-class applications and products for some of the largest companies in the world. They enjoy day-to-day engineering activities but are also excited by opportunities to actively participate in the product development process and influence the outcomes. While they will always be working towards advancing and honing their core skills, they're flexible and eager to learn new ones. In joining a rapidly growing company, this is a ground floor opportunity with significant growth potential for the right candidate to join an elite team.
- Responsible for producing clean, high quality and standards compliant code
- Identify and communicate potential project issues and risks and potential consequences
- Work as a part of a team
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Stay on top of industry trends and standards in enterprise web applications
- 3+ years experience in a hands-on role in server-side Java development
- Advanced programming skills and a very strong understanding of OOP concepts and Design Patterns
- Experience in JEE, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Grails and other common Java frameworks
- Strong experience working with relational databases as well as hands on experience with SQL and database schema design
- Ability to understand project specifications and adapt to various technologies and frameworks
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have but not required:
- Understanding of clustered and distributed system environments
- Strong experience with highly scalable server side development
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or computer engineering
Some travel may be required to participate in in-person working sessions and meetings with clients and stakeholders based overseas in the US and other parts of Europe as needed.
Deploy is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).