Senior Java Developer
Engineering Government Business Area
Be part of an international team working on a high-impact project with top experts to build the most advanced e-government solutions in the world. You will have a chance to build systems from the ground up, adding value to our previous experience. In addition to knowing all the best acronyms (OOP, MVC, IoC, ORM), you strive to understand business needs as well.
How can Nortal offer you such an opportunity? We combine strategy, change and technology to deliver meaningful impact. Together with close to 600 specialists, we create data-driven and seamless processes for governments, businesses and healthcare institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and now also in the USA. Our development teams operate autonomously, making decisions about technological choices and development processes. We run projects in more than 20 countries across the globe, with the aim to simplify and optimize naturally complex processes in order to create a seamless society. Here is what we have done:
- We have propelled Oman 127 places up in "Starting a business" category of World Bank's "Ease of Doing Business" ranking by changing local legislation and creating an e-Business Registry, to boost local business setup.
- We are proud to have built roughly a third of Estonian eGov solutions, playing an important role in transforming Estonia into a digital leader. According to Europe's Digital Progress Report 2016, Estonia has the highest score for Digital Public Services.
Nortal is creating a system in the Middle East for work licensing and permits for one Ministry of Manpower to reform the processes related to managing foreign labor force in the country – starting from simplifying the application phase to enabling the Ministry to better plan and manage the processes. This is a significant e-government project that will serve a wide range of citizens and will transform the service, having major impact for the citizens, workforce as well as the government.
Vladimir Boškovski, System Architect and Nortal Partner
"We have already set the bar for society transformation in Oman with OSS – the One Stop Shop for business licensing, which set the new world record of 3 minutes for registering a new business. It was an amazing and technically challenging project, where technology was used as a powerful tool in a journey across political and cultural hurdles, towards a new vision of how government views citizens and businesses. The collaboration with Ministry of Manpower builds on that, opening new opportunities.”
Strahinja Lazetić Senior Java developer
“Having freedom to participate in the architectural decisions and contribute to improvement of organization and working process, I gained variety of skills and made a great advance in different fields. Besides that, work on the large scale government projects and making a noticeable positive impact on people's everyday life represent both great challenge and satisfaction.”
Do you have what it takes to join us:
- Thorough understanding of object oriented programming, patterns, best practices
- Very good knowledge of Java, SQL, web technologies and common frameworks (Spring, JPA, Hibernate etc)
- Tutoring less experienced team members
- You are keen to automate repetitions in your daily work
- You know and follow the principles of clean code, always striving for good readability and maintainability
- You care for testing, knowing that unit tests are not the only kind out there
- First-hand experience in building high-impact e-government solutions
- Great career opportunities with constant improvement, high-quality training to develop skills and gain new experiences
- Work in an international team of experts and via various Nortal offices
- An inspiring developer community within Nortal with +200 global advocates to boost your personal growth
- Impact within the team and the company, contributing to the decision-making
- Great people oriented atmosphere. We strive to create an environment where people can feel comfortable, focus on work and also recharge batteries when it is needed to keep a healthy balance
- Cosy offices with a yard, parking, weekly massage, joint sports activities, free drinks and fruits and private health insurance
- Lunch together, participation in Nortal’s legendary events, team-building and trips, conferences and room for spontaneous ideas and joint activities
If you are curious, we are glad to set a meeting with us in our Belgrade office at Bulevar Oslobođenja 301. Just contact one of Nortal’s Talent team:
Research us and read more about the project on our Blog. Let’s meet and you can get more first-hand info from people behind this project!
Nortal is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and promoter of meritocracy, and we are committed to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetics, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, political opinion, social status or past or present military status. www.Nortal.com