Required: Firestarter-level Data Hackers, Heroes and Rebels
Are you a Firestarter, a Data Disruptor, a Platform Pro?
Have you got the skills, smarts and attitude to build the data platform for the world’s visionary companies? Do you have the courage to revolutionize the data stack? Can you enable the next generation of digital businesses to change the world?
Want to be part of a culture that stands out from the crowd? You do? Good. We want you to join eVision Solutions and unleash your power on our killer platform for digital transformation.
Who is eVision Solutions?
Good question. eVision Solutions supports large organizations to increase eﬃciency and reduce costs and risk by designing and implementing empowered digital solutions to create new knowledge. Our goal is to make enterprises open and business processes agile through the use of the best Open Source technologies. Our team is formed by the synergy between young talented specialists and experience professionals whose aim is to deliver added-value projects with a pro-active commitment to implement solutions tailored to our client’s needs in an agile and flexible way.
How do you do that? Another excellent question. Our platform connects, translates and normalizes any kind of data. It enables large enterprises to create a ‘Data Supply Chain’ that works on-premise, in the cloud and connects any device. Built on top of existing infrastructure, it is the business agility layer that bridges the gap between business and IT. So not only technologists, but marketing, operations, sales and business functions can build transformational products and platforms, models and markets without losing the value of their legacy systems. Our platform makes the process of getting from business case through to proof of concept, API, prototype and deployment faster, smarter and leaner. Our clients include Johnson & Johnson, Credit Suisse, Konica Minolta and more.
The only problem we have is that we’re missing this one piece… You.
Is This You?
We believe great people build great products to serve great partners. We believe in investing in our people and culture to ensure every employee is tremendously successful. We believe every employee should be open, courageous, diverse, radical and responsive. And those aren’t just some meaningless words on a wall. We live and breathe our core values in everything we do.
But most importantly, we want people who love being challenged, people who don’t follow the status quo, people who kickass and take names (not literally) and all around good people who enjoy working in a fun environment. Keep reading if this sounds like you.
The Role: Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join a cross functional software development team that uses cutting edge technology to enable eVision to deliver high-quality and added-value solutions. Did you ever want to experiment with new technologies and try out your own ideas to create something completely new - then this is the right job for you! As a member of the eVision team you bring in a lot of creativity and excellent technical skills as we ask for the very best from our developers. You’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology and enjoy pairing with other smart people using agile to ensure your team succeeds. You will design technical architectures based on customer workshops or on a new product idea and implement the respective solutions like a rockstar. We'll make sure you get the training and experience to have an enjoyable and fulfilling career at eVision Solutions.
What You’ll Do At eVision:
- Work on design and development tasks directly with requirement analysts, architects, technical leaders and other team members
- Conduct code review, unit and integration testing
- Accountable for meeting milestones set for different projects
- Ensuring the user receive the best service every day and have a pro-active participation in all aspects of the team - this includes daily stand up meetings, planning, showcases, retrospectives and more
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to business stakeholders
- Provide constructive and useful feedback with peers
- Communicate professionally with your team and other teams in your division, knowing when to contribute and when to listen
- Delivered work is accurate and you strive towards excellence
- You are a pro-active contributor to internal and/or external open source projects
- Understand customers' business needs and apply product knowledge to deliver the best solution
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams and customers and collaborate with cross-team leads to define, implement and consume services/components/modules
Your Techie Credentials:
- At eVision, a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is nice to have… but we care much more about your ability to kick ass in the areas below.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of Java and J2EE/JEE experience
- Must have experience in web application development using Java J2EE
- Wide knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies in computer science or equivalent experience (Hibernate, JDBC, JMX, JMS, Log4J, Web Services, JSP/UI technology, AJAX, Ant, Struts 2, XML parser technology)
- Comprehensive experience in Spring Framework is preferred
- Experience with Software development best practices (RUP, Waterfall, XP)
- Strong hands on experience with UML
- Knowledge of automated testing (test-driven design) which may include QUnit, JUnit, SOAPUI, or a variety of similar testing tools, favoring Open-Source versions, targeting back end services (REST/ SOAP).
- Knowledge of configuration management and build and continuous integration to include Maven, Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins, SONAR
- Strong understanding of object oriented analysis and design patterns
- Proven hands on experience with DAO and Data Services
- Excellent application performance tuning skills
- Experience with RDBMS such as: Postgresql, MySQL and MS-SQL (preferred)
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts for technologies and languages
- Rockstar teammate who collaborates and incorporates feedback from all relevant partners
The Life and Times At eVision:
- Our employees see working in small groups or pairs (remote or locally) as an effective way to:
- Ensure quality, transparency, honesty and openness
- Raise truck factor
- Transfer knowledge and methodology
- Build a real social network
- Discover brilliant concepts and solutions
- Motivate each other
- Develop a shared vision
- Have fun with your colleagues
- Proactive mentality, or as we like to say “being a badass”
- Attitude: Open. Courageous. Radical. Responsive
- We love being faced with a problem and the challenge of solving it, typically having a hacker attitude to reach beyond barriers found in present technologies
- We are self-starters who work with the attitude “nothing is impossible.” We’re constantly pushing the limit of existing tools, libraries & technologies to build our technology upon
- We use open source tools and frameworks if they support our ideas, but create our own based on our paradigm to natively integrate them
- We are not afraid to iterate our solutions multiple times to distill the best possible result
- Our commitment to each other doesn’t restrict itself to work, we enjoy after work drinks, adventure sports, exploring the city and discussing world affairs to name a few