Senior Java Software Developer
Endava is a privately owned IT services company with over 2,500 employees and offices in New York, Atlanta, New Jersey, London and Frankfurt and 6 delivery centers across Romania, Moldova, Macedonia, and Serbia. We strongly believe that our ability to deliver quality work while adapting easily and quickly to the evolving needs of our customers and people ensures our success. To support our core purpose of enabling our people to be the best that they can be, we invest in career development and building a strong learning culture within Endava.
You will be a part of a team that works for one of the major software companies in the world. The team is responsible for one of our biggest client’s most important product, that is used by millions of users across the world. As a Senior Java Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining complex backend production code.
Qualified candidates will have Java software development duties as part of a Belgrade team that consists of 15+ developers and QEs:
- Gathering and analyzing requirements
- Developing and testing solutions in Java based on customer’s requirements
- Estimating tasks and participating in daily team sync-ups
- Participating in code reviews
- Daily communication with the client through emails, phone sync-ups etc.
- Collaborating with the QA engineering team to ensure the delivered code meets the client’s standards
- Minimum 7+ years of hands on development, design and coding in server side Java
- Strong understanding of Java fundamentals, OOP principles, design patterns and engineering practices
- Understanding of Web protocols and technologies, RESTful Web services
- Experience with source code versioning systems (Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Good verbal and written English
- Solid understanding of complete product development cycle
- Strong analytical skills, systematic approach and self-reliant
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong experience with Hibernate
- Familiarity with Spring
- Familiarity with PDF and document processing
If you are interested in this position and you have the required qualifications, please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to large number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that are selected for an interview. Thank you.