Deploy is a technology services company headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Belgrade and Sydney, Australia.
We are currently looking for a
Senior PHP Developer
Deploy is a technology services company headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Belgrade and Sydney, Australia. We are currently looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our team in our Belgrade office.
Senior Developers play an important role at Deploy and are a critical component of a project's success. As senior members of a project team, they are exposed to all aspects of the project development life-cycle and the 'big picture' of helping to make it a success. Senior Developers must have strong problem solving abilities as well as the ability to identify risks well before they become issues and proactively work alone or with the team to resolve them. While Senior Developers are first and foremost responsible for producing quality code, they are also expected to be able to apply their experience and expertise in other situations when needed - this may take shape in the form of conducting regular project code reviews or leading informal working sessions with other developers in order to get their input and decide on the best way to approach a particular project problem.
The ideal candidate for this role is excited by the challenges of building world-class applications and products for some of the largest companies in the world. They enjoy day-to-day engineering activities but are also excited by opportunities to actively participate in the product development process and influence the outcomes. While they will always be working towards advancing and honing their core skills, they're flexible and eager to learn new ones. In joining a rapidly growing company, this is a ground floor opportunity with significant growth potential for the right candidate to join an elite team.
- Responsible for producing clean, high quality and standards compliant code
- Accurately estimate hours and project time needs, actively participate in requirements definition
- Proactively identify potential project issues and risks and potential consequences
- Function as a Team Lead when required and act as main point of contact for questions on a project or portion of a project
- Proactively identify mitigation strategies where needed and follow through to minimize risks and negative impact
- Prioritize day-to-day tasks to align with key project milestones and communicate any potential to miss deadlines early on
- Work as a part of team
- Produce, update and/or maintain accurate project documentation
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with internal and client stakeholders as required
- Contribute to building company best practices knowledge base
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Stay on top of industry trends and standards in enterprise web applications
- 3+ years experience in a hands-on role in PHP development
- Advanced programming skills and a very strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Experience with common PHP frameworks such as Zend, Code Igniter, Cake etc.
- Strong experience working with relational databases as well as hands on experience with SQL and database schema design
- Ability to understand project specifications and adapt to various technologies and frameworks
- Comfortable using both Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience with PHP frameworks: Magento, Doctrine
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Good understanding of clustered and distributed system environments
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or computer engineering
- Strong experience with highly scalable server side development
Some travel may be required to participate in in-person working sessions and meetings with clients and stakeholders based overseas in the US and other parts of Europe as needed.
Deploy is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). The best don't discriminate.