We are looking for a talented Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to join our team.
Leadfeeder is a fast growing international SaaS startup, headquartered in Helsinki. We are on a mission to bring web intelligence into business. Leadfeeder helps over 4000 paying customers to identify who visits their website, qualify the leads based on their behaviour, and convert the most promising visitors into sales leads.
Currently, Leadfeeder is a buzzing remote international team of 80+ people and more than ten nationalities. We have a strong data-driven and customer-centric culture, and we pride ourselves on our sustainable growth, ambition and resilience.
Our 30+ strong in-house, all-remote engineering team is responsible for developing new features, and otherwise improving and maintaining the Leadfeeder product.
We are organised in feature-oriented, cross-functional squads. Each squad is responsible for specific features of the product, and works tightly together with high autonomy. Depending on the product area, squads are composed of Backend and Frontend Engineers, Designers, and are always paired with a Product Manager. We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and feedback – no matter what your role is, you get to have a say in the product and technical decisions of your squad.
About this job
Ruby on Rails engineers at Leadfeeder work mainly on our backends: building APIs, background data processing flows, and integrations. Being a very data-intensive application, much of the work on the backend involves optimising and effectively using various databases – Cassandra, AWS RDS & Aurora, Elasticsearch and Redis, to name a few.
Our backend consists of multiple small-to-medium-sized Ruby on Rails apps and uses serverless components (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis) on the side. We pride ourselves on keeping apps working smoothly, and the codebase tidy and well-tested. We dedicate time for upgrades, refactoring, and overall improvements for developer productivity and happiness.
For people with skills and interest, we offer possibilities to work on our Ember.js frontend too, enabling people to grow to a fullstack role. Equally, there are opportunities to learn and be involved in infrastructure, DevOps and serverless development.
- Developing new features together with your squad
- Build internal and public APIs
- Build, benchmark and optimise our core backend components
- Helping operate our production environments on AWS
- Providing code reviews to your peers
Essentials skills and expertise:
- 5+ years work experience writing maintainable and well-tested Ruby on Rails apps
- Strong software architecture & data modelling skills to base engineering decisions on product vision
- Ability to help and improve the work of your colleagues through your teamwork and communication skills
- Experience managing, monitoring and troubleshooting production grade web applications
- Capability to work remotely (minimum 4-hour overlap with central European working hours)
- Experience working with various APIs
- DevOps, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serverless computing, AWS stack in particular
- Get to work in a talented, remote-first international team
- Chance to make an impact on a global product
- Actual work-life balance with healthy 40-hour work weeks
- Flexible work time
- Biannual company retreats
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and encouraging work environment
Our hiring process:
After we've received and reviewed your application, there are a number of stages in our process.
Initial video call. You'll get to learn more about the role and our company, and we'll learn how you communicate and what are you looking for in the job.
Technical interview. Qualified candidates proceed to our technical interview, where we ask more in-depth technical questions.
Home assignment. We'll test your coding skills in building a small application. You can do this at home on your own time. The assignments usually take about 4-6 hours to complete.
Assignment review and skills interview. After our team has reviewed your assignment, we invite you to the next interview. We'll provide feedback and ask questions about your code. This interview also includes some pair-programming, where we do some improvements or additional features to your project.
Culture interview. The final step before decisions. Great cultural fit is highly important in our remote team. We also want to give you as much as possible information on how it is to work at Leadfeeder and what our culture is like.
All interviews are done remotely over video calls, but of course if you happen to be in the same city with some of our team members we're happy to organize a meeting on site.
If this role excites you and sounds like a great fit, please apply below!