GroundLink is a global platform for ground transportation based in New York City, serving corporate clients and leisure travels in most major cities and 110 countries. With our award winning app, world class website and exceptional 24/7 customer service center, we seamlessly connect our vast network of professional and licensed drivers with discerning clients who value their time, their safety, and appreciate great customer service. Founded in 2003, GroundLink offers comfortable, reliable and affordable black car service, along with the industry's only on-time guarantee. We are looking for engineers that value the craft and are passionate about what they do. For hard problem solvers. For people who do not stop when they get in the zone. And for people who know how to balance hard work and enjoying life. We are looking for the best:
Senior Software Developer
Groundlink is looking for a talented and passionate software developer to be a key architect and developer of our mission critical end user products that include web, mobile and internal tools. We are creating a vast network of travel industry leaders (airlines, hotels, cruise lines and ground transportation providers) to enable ground transportation for frequent travelers.
The current applications are organized as a set of consumer web and mobile solutions to enable shop and booking for ground transportation. In addition, we have internal applications for call center management. The applications consume critical core services running on J2EE stack on JBoss, Web Services on Tomcat, and other custom services.
Ideally, skills and experiences we are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with Java platform
- Experience with JEE (Jboss, Hibernate, JMS, JPA, Spring)
- Knowledge or willingness to quickly learn Scala programming (Akka/Akka HTTP…)
- Experience consuming and/or building RESTful APIs
- Demonstrable experience building enterprise quality services
- Experience with test automation and test driven development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Bonus points for
- Solution architecture consultancy
- Experience with Java Web frameworks (i.e. spring, play)
- Experience working in Agile SCRUM teams
- Experience interacting, mentoring and troubleshooting in collaboration with other developers
- English proficiency (oral and written)
This is a full time, employment contract position.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, therefore the applications will be reviewed as they are received. We will reply only to applicants who demonstrate understanding and experience in achieving our requirements.
For more information about our company, please visit our web site www.groundlink.com