Senior Software Engineer - RPA
Location: Belgrade, RS
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
The Senior RPA Software Engineer role requires a diverse skillset and a thirst for continuous growth in a multitude of disciplines. This role is integral part of bringing leading edge technology into the Services organization through deploying robotics process automation and automating tasks that employees perform every day, thus leading towards Future of Work.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience; Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services; Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions; Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- The Senior RPA Software Engineer role requires a diverse skillset and a thirst for continuous growth in a multitude of disciplines. This role is integral part of bringing leading edge technology into the Services organization through deploying robotics process automation and automating tasks that employees perform every day, thus leading towards Future of Work.
- Work with business users to understand their processes and operations. Partner with the business and users to embrace and adopt the technology. Interface with IT contacts to understand connectivity to other applications up and downstream in the proposed automations.
- Provide a strong level of experience and knowledge of RPA technology and associated methodology to support the business units and IT teams in transforming business challenges into creative technology solutions along with defining and develop RPA solutions that meet business and non-functional requirements.
- Partnering with Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Project Team members to break down barriers. Lead meetings for reviewing technical designs, decision-making and problem solving along with preparing and delivering presentations to business and technology partners and senior management/executives.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings, such as sprint reviews, for reviewing technical designs, decision-making and problem solving along with preparing and delivering presentations to business and technology partners and senior management/executives.
- Partnering with Vendors to solve problems.
- Work with various teams across IT to manage all aspects of implementation planning and coordination of releases.
- Determines product/process requirements and designs sub-systems/sub-processes
- Isolates problems and redesigns processes
- Participates in process or architectural discussions
- Provides input to requirements analysis
- Identifies technology to provide product/process stability or improvement
- May regularly collaborate with external parties or lead a small team
- Conduct complex feature and/or system integration tests
- Advanced understanding of programming, technologies or manufacturing/test processes
- Expertise in one or more major assembly/test processes, technical product areas or subsystems
- Ability to evaluate and analyze competing products or processes
- Serves as mentor to team members
- Proficient in test development practices and design methodologies
- Basic ability for white box test design, development, and execution, for those test professionals with a development orientation
- Conduct testing based on knowledge of system architecture, interdependencies and interactions; Designs and documents products/systems or baseline processes
- Responsible for technical design, development, and maintenance of software applications and their associated components within the team; Contributes to technical strategy discussions; Selects process/design tools
- Design software subsystems, components, and their interfaces in support of business requirements
- Develop high quality code to support technical architecture and design; Considers future systems architecture
- Participate and contribute to an effective software development lifecycle
- Accurately estimate time and resources for software development efforts
- Incorporate unit testing practices into software development process
- Investigate and prototype emerging software and user interface technologies, helping to identify those that will be selected for inclusion and exploitation in the NCR portfolio
- Provide technical leadership and assistance to NCR product development teams to ensure the acceptance of the NCR Software Architecture and the aggressive migration of these leading edge technologies into our mainstream product families
- Communicate the architecture and recommendations to senior management, NCR customers, partners and others via formal presentations, white papers, and conversations, etc
- Leads implementation teams; Provides leadership of small to medium size projects; Collaborates with product managers and other functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 2-8 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design experience
- Familiarity with UML modeling; Experience with the setup and administration of web server platforms (Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, etc); Experience with an RDBMS platform such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and associated development techniques
- Development experience using a server-side web development platform (any of the following or their equivalents: ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, ADF, Grails, Ruby on Rails, Java servlets, JSF, PHP, etc.)
- Master’s Degree
- Domain-specific language (DSL) programming experience
- Mobile application design and programming experience
- Data warehousing experience
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.