As one of the leading automotive suppliers worldwide, we develop products and solutions to fulfill people´s dreams of mobility every day. Driver safety, comfort, sustainability and industrialization of future technology are just some of our key fields where we already make a meaningful difference in people`s lives. Knowing our innovations help to make the world a better and safer place is what drives us.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of complex software solutions for vehicle diagnostic applications communicating with vehicle ECUs via vehicle networks and forwarding data using Bluetooth® and WLAN protocols. Ideally the candidate should be very familiar with vehicle network protocols using the appropriate ISO standards. Ideally the candidate will also have experience developing solutions using Bluetooth® version v4.2 and above.
The candidate will have experience working at a senior level within a software development team and experienced in all aspects of software development including software architecture and design, developing solutions in an Agile environment, development QA process and development testing techniques.
Familiarisation with build servers and continuous integration would be an advantage.
The candidate should be educated to bachelor’s degree level or have the relevant professional knowledge with experience in software development working across international teams.
The candidate should also have experience working in multidisciplinary teams at a senior level promoting best practice and good design, they should also have experience in mentoring junior staff.
IN YOUR DAY TO DAY JOB YOU WILL:
- Responsible for the development of high-quality software solutions to defined requirements and technical specifications including the creation of appropriate unit tests
- Responsible to analyze and/or create software specifications for assigned high complexity modules/ components based on the information received from technical responsible (e.g. Software Project Manager, Project Manager).
- Experience of working on CI/CD processes and tools and cross-platform development environments.
- Provides effort estimations for allocated modules/ components.
- Responsible for defining or contributing to the software architecture design from specific information from their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for software integration activities for assigned project/s based on software architecture and software specifications.
- Responsible for creating test specifications and executing tests for allocated high complexity modules/ components, according to the development process.
- Responsible for organizing reviews after each development phase, for all his work products, according to the development process.
- Responsible for performing reviews for other's work products.
- Responsible to plan his work and report regularly to Project stakeholders the status of their activities.
- Responsible for software project management activities when necessary. Plan and track own and other's work packages.
- Responsible to share process related knowledge with inexperienced colleagues.
- Actively participates in audits.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching other Software Developers.
- Provides technical/ project specific/ on-the-job trainings to team members.
Find out more about Continental:
- University Degree (i.e. Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science)
- Expert knowledge with a variety of programming languages including C#, C++ and C with a deep knowledge of design patterns
- Expert knowledge using development Frameworks such as .Net, Qt, mocking frameworks
- Extensive experience using the following technologies - Windows, Visual Studio, SQL Server, ASP.net, WPF and/or Linux, Mobile, Qt Creator, Qt Quick, SQLite
- Advanced knowledge of software lifecycle, requirement, design, code, test, deployment & maintenance, documentation
- Advanced use of at least one modern relational database management system
- Knowledge of configuration and change management tools and processes including GIT/GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, Cruise Control, JIRA, Confluence
- A strong understanding of object-orientation, design patterns, and unit-testing
- Knowledge and experience of automated build and test tools
- Fluent in English
Would be a plus
- Experience of automotive diagnostic system development
- Knowledge of automotive diagnostics protocols such as ISO13400, ISO14229, ISO15765, KW2000, ISO9141, MCD Architecture, D-PDU-API, SAE J2534 (1-2)
- Project Management
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic team in a globally active organization
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and mobile work (4 days per month)
- Private health Insurance
- Fitpass premium
If you are interested in this job position, you can send us your resume and letter of application in English language via poslovi.infostud.com. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.