Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Protegent - Complete Solutions for Equities Traders and Compliance Officers. FIS Protegent’s compliance, surveillance and supervision solutions empower compliance officers with greater visibility into potential risk factors and streamlined process automation, all while increasing regulatory transparency. From employee personal trade monitoring and registered representative surveillance/suitability testing, to AML and Reg NMS requirements, FIS Protegent provides a comprehensive suite of solutions to both buy and sell side firms.
What you will be doing
As an FIS Senior Software Implementation Engineer, you will be more than just a programmer. You will use your technical skills and analytical abilities to solve product implementation problems for our Protegent clients. Your resourceful ability to shift, multi-task, learn new technologies quickly, figure out new solutions to unexpected problems, communicate effectively with teammates and clients, as well as thrive in a self-sufficient environment, will be your keys to success.
Interface with clients regarding professional services development projects and the debugging of our code base while managing expectations and communicating project status Develop product customizations and integrations and perform technical implementation tasks Assess customer needs to develop and configure the software Participate in data analysis, mapping, and configuration meetings Communicate status internally, to the project team, and externally with the customer You will need the flexibility to occasionally travel to client sites
What you bring:
- Proficiency with C# OR Java required - with proven professional work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in applying technical solutions in a business driven environment
- Process-oriented, multi-tasker, and an analytical thinker who enjoys the challenge of solving unexpected problems and motivated to develop new solutions with minimal direction
- Experience with one of the following databases (including the ability to write SQL queries to create, retrieve and update data): SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase
- Bachelor’s degree required
Added bonus if you have:
- Compliance or Financial Services industry experience
- Experience in implementing software solutions
- Experience with large data solutions
- Fluent in a second language
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.