Senior Software Tester
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Status: Full Time
Embroker is a Silicon Valley based startup that is building the future of insurance, a $5T global industry. Founder in 2015, Embroker has already been named one of the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs and one of the startups disrupting trillion-dollar industries by CNBC. Headquartered in San Francisco, Embroker has additional offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade.
Our team is a diverse group with extensive experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing. We work hard, we have fun solving hard problems, and we’re pushing the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry.
We're looking for talented, obsessive people to join us in building the world's first next generation insurance company. We promise hard work, the opportunity to work with superstars, continuous improvement, and massive upside for those able to contribute and grow with the company.
Interested in helping to reinvent an industry? We'd love to hear from you.
About the position
Senior software tester is responsible for assuring the quality of the product by taking an active part in testing activities. Besides the main responsibility, in depth knowledge of the product will be a trait that senior software tester is expected to acquire. Participating in challenging product design and execution will also be expected. Participation in test automation related activities will be required, but not more than ten percent of working hours.
Senior software tester's job duties are:
- Doing smoke, functional, integration, exploratory, and regression black-box and gray-box testing
- Knowing the product
- Bug submitting
- Participating in team and company meetings
- Occasional participation in test automation activities
- Knowledge sharing
Required Experience and Skills
- IT/Economics related degree
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- Scrum, Kanban
- Basic IT knowledge
- Experience with test automation will be considered as an advantage
- Experience in testing web application will be considered an advantage
- Experience in insurance industry will be considered an advantage
- Experience with relational databases will be considered as an advantage
Compensation: extremely competitive, per qualifications