Senior System Engineer (f/m)
Founded in 2011, the HolidayPirates Group is one of the fastest growing international travel companies, offering the best deals on cheap flights, hotels, and packages through its multiple travel portals.
HolidayPirates has more than 120 employees from 27 different countries, operating across 11 websites in 7 different languages. We currently have a presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA.
As a new member of the HolidayPirates Group, Pirate Technologies d.o.o was founded by the group in Belgrade in late 2015. The base was established for further investments in new technology and the advancement of our own product.
Looking for a challenging job opportunities in DevOps?
Pirate Tech is hiring! Accelerate your career and get on board of one of the coolest and most aspiring companies in Europe. Our platform handles thousands of requests per second and collects Terabytes of information relevant for business, production and monitoring. As part of our IT Operations team, you will be in charge of the systems that store and process large amounts of data and make sure that they scale with our growth.
Challenging enough? Read on!
Duties on deck:
- Design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the server infrastructure powering our high traffic platform
- Automation of system administration and development tasks with various tools
- Design, implementation and documentation of test environments and deployment processes with various tools
- Closely cooperation with developers to discover and fix bottlenecks and solving delivery issues
Your treasure of experience:
- Technical university degree or professional education in Computer Science or a similar educational background
- At least 3 years of experience in administration of high availability web systems within a Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of Apache and nginx web servers
- Strong competency in designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining MySQL databases (advantageous: experience with Elasticsearch clusters and Redis)
- Solid programming skills in bash / command line scripting and at least one other programming language such as PHP or Python.
- Good knowledge of system monitoring (e.g. Nagios, Munin, Icinga or cloudbased controlling) and logging systems (e.g. Logstash, Graphite, statsd)
- Good understanding of caching technologies such as Memcache, Varnish
- Good knowledge of messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Strong troubleshooting skills, hands-on attitude
- Good communication skills in English
Our ship & our crew offer you:
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- We will give you freedom for your creativity
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate culture in which it is fun to contribute manpower and initiative
- A great team with smart colleagues
- Regular “Hack days” in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Support for relocation
- Barrels of juice and boxes of suits - as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly in Belgrade - Serbia
If you like our offer...
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English, including a portfolio list with a brief description of your projects.
Work like a captain, play like a pirate!