Senior Test Engineer
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Lead
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Embroker is a Silicon Valley based startup that’s building the future of insurance, a $5T global industry. Founded in 2015, Embroker has already been named one of the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs, and also one of the startups disrupting trillion-dollar industries by CNBC. Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco, with other offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade.
Our team is a diverse and talented group with deep experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing. We work hard, have fun solving hard problems, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry.
We're looking for talented, obsessive people to join us in building the world's first next- generation insurance company. We promise cutting-edge challenges, the opportunity to work with superstars, constant improvement, and massive upside for those who contribute and grow with the company.
Interested in joining us? We'd love to hear from you.
About the position
Senior Test Engineer is responsible for enhancing our QA capabilities by contributing to testing infrastructure & process strategy as well as participating in automatic test writing. As a member of the Quality Assurance team, they are expected to take an active role in quality assurance activities and develop an in-depth knowledge of the platform. Participation in product design will also be expected.
- Being a major contributor to automatic testing infrastructure
- Unit, integration and system test automation
- Smoke, functional and regression test automation
- White-box, gray-box and black-box test automation
- Participation in other testing activities
- Deep familiarity of the product
- Bug submission
- Active participation in team and company meetings
- Knowledge sharing
Required Experience and Skills
- IT and/or Engineering related degree
- 4 + years of experience in software test automation
- 2 + years of experience on web application products
- Understanding of software engineering methods and principles
- Skilled in white-box, gray-box and black-box automated testing
- Experience with testing libraries/frameworks (preferably Selenium Webdriver)
- REST and/or SOAP knowledge
- HTML, XML, CSS knowledge
- Optional Experience and Skills
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban environments
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience with other testing libraries/frameworks
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Experience with relational databases (preferably Postgres)
- Experience with Go language
What Embroker offers
- Competitive salary & paid vacation
- Comfortable work environment
- Scrum environment
- Flexible working hours
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Smart, like-minded colleagues
- Team building events
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and certification
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, etc.
- Subsidized fitness card
- Subsidized parking, transportation or healthcare
- Chance to shape the future of insurance