Senior iOS Engineer
Our teams love using the latest web and mobile technologies. We build rich experiences that create new forms of content and improve the mechanics and comprehension of conversations.
As an iOS engineer, you will work closely with designers, user researchers, data scientists, product managers, and the engineers that support the developer platform and infrastructure. You will use your passion and in-depth knowledge of all things iOS to craft the client components and features that will shape the future.
- 4+ years experience developing mobile applications (on iOS with
- 4+ Objective-C and Swift)
- You are an experienced mobile engineer looking to make the clients application one of the best mobile experiences out there. You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a real passion for making beautiful, smooth, and delightful mobile experiences.
- You are customer-focused and understand that shipping impactful software involves trade-offs and collaboration.
- You want to apply your knowledge of iOS to work on a small team whose work impacts millions of users every day.
- You get stuff done and thrive in a collaborative environment that allows you to interact effectively with others.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- You have experience with, and enjoy building, new products and features, and enjoy working with product managers and designers.
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to take on problems at scale.
- You are an advocate for the principles of accessibility, and build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities
- You have empathy for your users and are interested in understanding the human impact of your work across all cultures and walks of life.
- A Bachelors degree of higher is required for this role.
Status: Long Term contract
Location: Seattle / New York – Position can be Remote
Since 2000, Akvelon has specialized in placing top software engineering talent at Fortune 500 Companies and start-ups alike. We were ranked in Comparably’s 2018 list of Top 15 Best Companies in Seattle, and were voted one of the Puget Sound Business Journal’s fastest growing companies for several years.
Akvelon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
Deadline for applications: 01.12.2021.