Clarivate(tm) is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world's most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
The Software Architect will lead the architecture and design of the business-critical Multitenant SaaS solutions, planning integration towards other internal and external systems and driving possible migration of legacy systems to unified cloud solution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a technology evangelist within technology. You will work closely with the development teams across multiple systems and be able to effectively communicate not just the solution, but best practices around software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Participate in business development activities, building and maintaining long-term relationships with key account stakeholders.
- Mentor and coach members of the team to become better technologists.
- Work with other disciplines (e.g. Product Management, Cyber Security, DevOps, Quality Assurance) to collaboratively design new cloud-based applications and micro-services; and extend and enhance existing systems.
- Lead the architecture and design of a hybrid cloud, server-less, micro-services, solution to deliver business-critical solutions. As an architect you will lead on the non-functional “qualities” of the solution – e.g. performance, scalability, availability and robustness.
- Help shape the transition process from legacy systems from a business perspective as well as lead the technical aspects of the migration.
- Be a hands-on contributor to the development practices – e.g. writing code, automation scripts.
- Investigating new technologies, developing proof of concepts and working with teams to understand the feasibility of introducing those technologies.
- You’ll need demonstrable experience in architecting end to end business solutions in a server-less, micro-services architecture across multiple systems including windows clients, single page application web-based user interfaces and customer facing APIs.
- Solution is SaaS multitenant using both Azure and AWS, so you need to have extensive hands-on experience implementing solutions in either AWS or Azure, with a desire to be an expert in both.
- Substantial experience with .NET software development, as well as front end development in modern frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue).
- Experience with the broader set of technology disciplines outside of software development – e.g. automated testing, cloud/IT operations, cloud infrastructure, networking, cyber security, data architecture.
- We are an enterprise agile team, so experience of agile practices and particularly DevOps is important.
- As we are a globally distributed, English speaking company, so strong oral and written communication skills in English are essential.
- The technology is constantly evolving, and so you must show a curiosity about innovation, and an ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
These are the skills we’d love to see in an ideal candidate, but so long as you are happy to learn, are not essential:
- Knowledge of Docker, MS SQL Server would be advantageous.
- An understanding of business architecture, business process modelling, data architecture and infrastructure architecture would be advantageous.
- Experience with document databases and/or NoSQL technology such as MongoDB or CosmosDB would be great.
- We handle some of our customer’s most valuable data, and have some regulatory concerns, so experience of compliance requirements in Cloud environments (e.g. SOC2, ISO27001, PCI/DSS, GDPR) would be useful.
- We are an intellectual property company, prior experience with Patents or Trademarks would be helpful.
- As we are scattered all over the globe, and video calls only gets us so far, there may be a need for you to travel for workshops and meetings, predominantly within Europe.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Deadline for applications: 02.10.2021.