Our intelligent solutions and smart devices enable Network Operators across the energy industry to optimise their infrastructures. The enormous quantity of data sourced from the energy network, coupled with our commitment to make the energy grid more effective, reliable, and to help our customers on their journey to Net Zero means that we store, retrieve, visualize, and analyse a wide range of varied data.
We’re looking for a passionate, bright, and driven data engineer who’s eager to bring our data-related technologies to the next level.
A few examples of your day-to-day activities:
- Work closely with other data engineers, ML engineers and data scientists to identify the data-related needs of the company and participate in defining and executing the plan to fulfil them.
- Define and implement the software architecture and data-driven applications we need. This spans broadly from more infrastructure- or backend-oriented work to data model design and implementation of DS/ML algorithms.
- Constantly improve the quality of our tools and applications by fixing bugs and refactoring the code when needed.
- Use the best and latest tools and data technologies. Our tech stack consists of programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java as well as systems including Spark, Kafka, Airflow, and others. We also use several cloud services, mostly within AWS.
- Keep up to date with new and relevant technologies through research and testing, enabling Camlin to avail game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work, and to ensure we are continually providing our customers with a market leading service.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Opportunity to make a significant impact – Your software will help us store, process and visualize data which is key to building the electricity grid of the future - effective, reliable and with low CO2 emissions
- Talented and Knowledgeable Team – You’ll work with some of the most skilled people in the industry sector
- Top-notch tech stack – We strive to use the best and latest tools and technologies, and when they are not enough, we create our own. We are not afraid to experiment with something new. That’s one part of the job we love.
- Build your own products – We are not consultants – we develop our own products. We challenge the status quo and develop innovative products.
- Continuous education and improvement – We value continuous learning and improvement. We offer training courses and encourage our staff to undertake extra learning and development if beneficial.
- Remote working – We'd love to have you working on-site if that is where you feel most comfortable, but you can also work remotely if you would prefer. Every day, you’ve got the freedom to decide where today’s office will be.
- Flexible hours – A lot of engineers work 9-6 but you do not need to clock-in and clock-out here. You can start earlier or later, finish earlier or later. You are fully trusted to create the best conditions for your personal productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day.
- Competitive salaries – Our remuneration is very competitive, and our annual salary review process means your earnings are regularly evaluated and can grow depending on your performance.
- Have fun – Our incredible People Team organizes and encourages fantastic events, such as team games, drinks, and parties, among the other things. We love spending great time together. We love our jobs, but we value quality of life as well.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Experience and passion - You are passionate about writing software, and you've been doing that for some time. A demonstrable interest in data modelling and data analytics is a big plus.
- Linear and lateral thinking - You solve challenging problems independently by applying a good mix of structured reasoning and out-of-the-box creativity. We work in a high paced environment so quick learning is important.
- High quality and pragmatism - You strive for the highest quality in everything you do, but you're not bogged down by perfectionism; you know where to strike the balance to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Humility and proactivity - You know that feedback and constructive criticism are the cornerstones of teamwork and personal growth, and you're not afraid to fail. You're eager to take on responsibilities, and don't just wait to be told what to do.
- Innovation - You love exploring new opportunities and testing new ideas, and you're eager to learn about new technologies and how they can be applied to the task at hand.
- Vision and attention to detail - You have a solid grasp on the big picture and always think strategically, especially when discussing requirements with colleagues and project stakeholders; you also know that a few details might make the difference, and you make sure you don't miss any.
- Proficiency in English - You read and write proficiently and speak at a conversational level in English.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
At Camlin our goal is to optimise the critical infrastructures that people, cities and communities around the world depend on, all day and every day. As these networks get bigger and more complex they’re becoming exponentially harder to manage.
And that’s why we’re here - to make the world’s energy and transport infrastructures run more efficiently, ultimately helping our customers keep the lights on and keep passengers moving.
Our smart solutions for electricity network faults and load management, monitoring and asset management enables electricity networks to run more smoothly, safely and sustainably. And our innovative solutions for railway operators help keep trains running in peak condition, enable reduced service interruptions and allow staff to work more safely.