Embroker is a Silicon Valley based startup that’s building the future of insurance, a $5T global industry. Founded in 2015, Embroker has already been named one of the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs, and one of the startups disrupting trillion-dollar industries by CNBC. Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco, with other offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade.
Our team is a talented group of people with deep experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing. We work hard, have fun solving hard problems, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry.
You are talented, candid, constantly trying to improve and exceed expectations. You enjoy working in diverse groups, you are always up for a challenge and for broadening your skills. Also, you are a ping-pong legend ;)
About the position
We have multiple positions open and looking for Software Engineers with various levels of experience.
We work in small, cross-functional, teams of 3-6 people and use Slack to stay connected.
Desired Skills / Experience
- We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply regardless of your self-assessment because we want to hear from you.
- Ability to write clean, well-designed and high-quality code in highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Knowledge and experience with at least one major object-oriented programming language (C#, Java, C++, Objective-C…)
- Experience building scalable server-side components. Experience with Web servers, REST APIs and SQL
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Good knowledge of English language, conversational and written
- Fluent in written and spoken Serbian
Nice to Have
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with ES6 and/or TypeScript/Flow
- Experience with Flux/Redux
- Experience with Go programming language
What Embroker offers
- Flexible working hours
- A snazzy work space
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, etc.
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Smart, like-minded colleagues
- Scrum environment
- Team building events
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and certification
- Competitive salary & paid vacation
- Subsidized fitness card
- Subsidized transportation or healthcare
Interested in building the next- generation insurance company with us?
We'd love to hear from you.