We are looking for a:
to join our team in Belgrade.
As a Software Engineer you’ll join the Data Engineering team, in charge of Vast’s Platform for Large-Scale Data Processing, conducting Analysis of vast amounts of user-generated data and Vertical Search. You’ll help retain Vast's big-data advantages, such as our 6 million car listings, with the best sorting, market and user traffic analytics data, gathered from years of running some of the biggest Automotive search sites in the US.
You’d work within teams created around particular projects, with the possibility of advancing to become a team leader. Your job would involve working on open-source projects and implementing the Big-Data platform around these.
We use time-proven Big-Data technologies and constantly explore everything that’s cutting edge. Right now some technologies we’re really into include Hadoop, Map Reduce, Cassandra, Amazon Web Services, Spark, YARN, Scala and so on.
- BSc / MS degree (ETF/MATF/FON), or relevant experience
- Strong Computer Science background (algorithms, data structures, software design)
- Experience with Java Standard Edition
- Experience in development on Unix/Linux platform
- A keen interest in learning and applying new technologies
- An in-depth knowledge of design and architectural patterns which enables you to make the right technical decisions
- Capable of expressing yourself in a way your audience understands
- You like clean code
- Experience with TDD/BDD
- Taking responsibility for others, helping them and guiding them if necessary
- Your development skills are valued more than the length of your professional experience
Some of the benefits and perks of working at Vast include:
- Working with a topnotch, experienced technical team spread across Serbia, the USA and Ukraine
- Many opportunities to acquire new technical skills and advance your career, as well as the opportunity to work with the latest technologies
- Free lunches daily, team activities, weekly recreation and seasonal teambuilding trips