We are looking for:
Software Operations Engineer
Location: Novi Sad / Belgrade
Who are we?
CCBill SRB and its parent CCBill form a part of CWIE LLC based in Phoenix Arizona. In addition to CCBill, another brand – PhoenixNAP – operates within the same ownership group. CCBill handles online payment processing services and affiliate marketing solutions, whereas PhoenixNAP offers IT infrastructure services that include cloud services, bare metal servers, colocation, and other IaaS solutions. We’ve been operating in the USA since 1998 and have satellite offices in Malta, the Netherlands and Novi Sad, Serbia.
We operate out of data centers in Phoenix, Ashburn, Atlanta, and Amsterdam with more than 1000 network devices and maintain 5000 servers across all locations and deployment of 100,000+ in systems over the last 3 years. Our enterprise systems and infrastructure spread across 3 locations to ensure high availability, disaster recovery and redundancy. We comply strictly within PCI DSS standards and are accredited twice yearly.
One of the great things about working with our company, besides the enterprise level systems, is the ability to use the latest cutting edge technologies and work alongside a talented, creative and professional team.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Software Engineer who takes pride in solving tough problems and is excited to work on the cutting edge of web technology. Work with an international team of software engineers to help keep us competitive in the e-commerce, cloud services, and business IT markets. Find solutions to challenging problems in a globally-distributed architecture. Test yourself by supporting the operation and evolution of a legacy e-business system that is an established name in the field.
We are a company with an exciting pace but a casual, relaxed atmosphere. You will work under the minimal supervision of a team lead and alongside software quality engineers to provide the highest caliber software to our users.
- This position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly and to participate in an on call (24/7 system support) rotation.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Extensive understanding and experience with core programming languages and Linux operating systems
- Maintains knowledge and applies upgrades to CCBill and PhoenixNAP’s existing product lines.
- Constant learning of CCBill and PhoenixNAP’s existing product lines.
- Reading and understanding documentation from the New Product Development Department immediately preceding release to ensure a smooth transition for the support of newly released products.
- Interacting with Software Testers and Software Developer Team Lead to ensure all code is modified with minimal impact on daily operations.
- Interacting with team lead to ensure all goals are completed on time.
- Other duties assigned.
- Helps other team members with any issues they may encounter so as to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- Actively seeks to promote a healthy team environment so as to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction.
- Whenever needed, interacts and assists with members of other teams so as to contribute to the overall company culture.
- Carries out day-to-day communication with other teams so as to ensure that all team members are sufficiently aware of work being carried out by their colleagues.
- Keeps supervisor(s) informed about any issues that may arise.
- Establishes and maintains communication with all stakeholders so as to tackle issues or anomalies that may arise.
- Interacts with other teams to ensure that all relevant departments are up to speed on all projects.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to type for long periods of time.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix.
- Excellent programming skills in Perl.
- Understanding of object-oriented Perl.
- Strong programming skills in Java (preferably 7 and/or 8).
- Must be strong with relational databases and must be able to write SQL queries on the fly, including complex joins.
- Experience with Apache Web Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with ActiveMQ.
- Experience developing, deploying, and troubleshooting web applications on Tomcat or similar platform.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with distributed architecture, high-availability, and web-scale.
- Strong understanding of Spring Core Modules and Spring application design.
- Strong understanding of web-based frameworks, technologies, and protocols.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services and API design.
- Knowledge of build tools such as Maven and/or Ant.
- Expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues.
- Expert at troubleshooting code developed by others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to work in and embrace a team environment.
- Eligible to work in Serbia
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of virtualization concepts.
- Direct experience with virtual machine provisioning and maintenance. VMware vSphere preferred.
- Experience with Hibernate or other persistence frameworks.
- Experience with MySQL replication
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Grails
- Knowledge of Artifactory
- Knowledge of Puppet
- Knowledge of Shell scripting
What we offer:
In addition we offer competitive salary packages and great benefits that include:
- Fruit, coffee, tea, water and soft drinks… all on the house!
- Bright, colorful offices with a view, both in Novi Sad and Belgrade.
- The ability to work with the latest cutting edge technologies.
- Introductory training
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
- Games room facility during lunch break.
- Flexible working hours.
If you are interested in this position, please send a covering letter and CV in English!