Seven Bridges Genomics (www.sbgenomics.com) is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics analysis. We enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so that they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. We are also building a Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilot for the National Cancer Institute.
We are looking for a:
Software Project Manager
to join our Product team and to take part in all phases of our development process. As a Software Project Manager you will be working closely with our Engineering team leads and Product Development Managers to support delivery of our product tasks, features, track resources and further development of our product.
- Working closely with development teams on setting up, maintaining, tracking, and monitoring project plans and reporting on project progress, project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensuring transparency of detailed project requirements, constraints, and assumptions with interested parties in order to establish the project deliverables.
- Formalising project deliverables - defining the Project Plan and schedule.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of multiple projects simultaneously across multiple teams.
- Coordinating and helping schedule and prioritization of project tasks and resources within the engineering teams.
- Proactively managing changes, alterations, conflicts, and suggesting alternatives.
- Identifying, mitigating and resolving project roadblocks.
- Facilitating demo, acceptance and other meetings necessary for a successful project delivery.
- At least 2 years’ work experience as a product or software engineer
- Experience in Software Project Management and project management tools (JIRA, MS Project)
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Experience in Software Management, development and release processes
- A strong team player with exceptional communications skills
- Proven experience in handling multiple tasks and deadlines, and a can-do attitude
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to focus on details, while maintaining an idea of overall goals and objectives
- Enjoyment in designing and building products that solve people’s problems
- Be focused and able to work well under pressure
- Be proficient in both spoken and written English
It is important to be a strong cultural fit, as we value our team more than anything else.
Since we like to to share knowledge and learn from each other, you must be willing to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
We offer a relaxed and open work environment, with great conditions and first-hand involvement in one of the most exciting fields of science.
If you would like to help push genomics forward at our well-funded and dynamic startup, please send your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics. However, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.