Software Support Engineer
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Software Support Consultant works in partnership with clients, fixing product bugs, advising them how to use product technology and changing configuration setup to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. Software Support Consultant needs technical knowledge, needs to be customer oriented and ready to provide quick but quality solution to satisfy customer needs.
- Providing support and consultancy to clients
- Software troubleshooting using Java technologies and relational databases
- Software application testing
- Proper usage of defined incident management process
- Ready to draft proper Documentation
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in a discipline related to the product technology - usually electrical, mechanical, computer engineering, or computer science
- 3 to 6 years’ software related job experience (support/development)
Business and Technical Skills
- Understanding of the payments industry and in particular Authorisation, ATM & POS Terminal Driving and Switching
- Knowledge of ISO 8583 and XML
- Knowledge of relational databases with some SQL programming experience
- Knowledge of Java programming language
- A broad understanding of technology – both infrastructure and application
- Ability to understand business processes and business problems
- Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and members
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with little supervision
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Ability to be available for 7x24 on call if required, and to work flexible working hours
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.