eFront is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the financial industry. eFront’s solutions for cross-asset classes serve more than 800 customers in 48 countries, including companies in the private equity, real estate investment, banking and insurance sectors. Founded in 1999, eFront has offices in New York, Dallas, Montreal, London, Jersey, Paris (HQ), Bonn, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Beijing amongst our 23 global locations.
In order to support our constantly growing business, we are looking for:
System engineer (Internal infrastructure)
Department: Dev Ops
Strategy & Planning:
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Operational Management
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Organizational Sciences or related computer science background
- 3-4 years equivalent work experience
- SQL server deployment, Administration & troubleshooting
- IIS Server deployment, administration & troubleshooting
- Server OS deployment, administration & troubleshooting
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards.
- Extensive experience with core software applications
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Competence with testing, flowchart, and data mapping tools and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We DO NOT expect you to be an expert in our technology. We DO expect you to be motivated and have the appetite to learn our technology. This is a fast moving sector with very demanding clients – our success depends on our ability to deliver the best possible solutions on time and to budget.
eFront stands out as a real career booster :
- We are at the crossroads between software and the thriving businesses of Private Equity and Real Estate
- We foster international and cross-functional mobility across our broad office network
- Our culture encourages risk-taking and innovation
- While we are a financially robust and established company, we are still as agile and boiling as a start-up and offer plenty of opportunities to gain responsibilities rapidly