WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are a part of the huge Ticketmaster International ecosystem, one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly visitors, as well as Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s leading live entertainment
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow in inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Ticketmaster encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.
The Systems Engineer will be working as part of an Operations and Reliability team focused on partnering with Software Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure alignment on achieving business goals. The Systems Engineer will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of automation and tooling and provide operational support for Enterprise products.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
PROJECT AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Systems Engineer will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of automation and tooling and provide operational support for Enterprise products.
Additionally, the successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the ongoing stability and resilience of the systems and platform and contribute to the build and evolution of an Enterprise Product Suite that will run in a hybrid on premise and cloud-based environment.
- Support the full system lifecycle for automation and tools including the design, assessment, selection, commissioning, validation and implementation of systems
- Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals
- Work closely with peers in software engineering teams to implement solutions that are scalable, secure and easily maintained
- Provide infrastructure support for Enterprise products both in the public cloud and on premise
- Develop tools, both command line and web based, that are responsible for maintenance and management functions of development and production systems
- Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
- Implement monitoring and health check scripts
- Administer and develop cloud management tools (e.g., self-provisioning scripts)
- Good scripting knowledge with Ruby, Python, Bash or Perl
- Proven Linux administration and troubleshooting experience in a demanding environment
- Previous experience of public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience of working with configuration management (Chef, Ansible or Salt)
- Knowledge and experience of containers (Kubernetes, Docker, LXC etc.)
- Technical writing skills for documenting environments and procedures
- Strong understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP etc)
- Experience with troubleshooting large complex environments (1,000+ servers)
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Solid knowledge of working with third party APIs
DESIRABLE PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Autonomous and proactive
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Enjoy working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible and pragmatic
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- A desire to learn and use a broad range of skills in a highly complex environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Passionate about automation and tooling
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues
- A flexible working style
Deadline for applications: 29.05.2021.