PLAYSTUDIOS, Inc. is the creator of the groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, and a publisher and developer of award-winning mobile games, including the iconic Tetris® mobile app, POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, myKONAMI Slots, myVEGAS Bingo, and MGM Slots Live.
Besides USA and Asia, Playstudios Europe has opened its doors in Belgrade in 2021. We are working on the Pop! Slots and MGM Slots Live games and from this year, we are working on the new Tetris® Story game.
We are a dynamic and young-minded environment, blooming with talented developers, creatives, quality assurance professionals and other leaders working together to change the face of social gaming!
We're looking for a motivated and ambitious Technical Artist (Tetris) to join our rapidly growing studio. Being part of a game production team, you will be the connecting link between art and code. If you are full of curiosity and have a blend of technical skill and artistic intuition - that’s the job for you.
In close collaboration with the creative, product, and engineering teams, you will bridge the gap between content/creative and engineering to make the game come alive;
You will be building the game using our own suite of tools and systems.
You have a direct impact on the performance of our game, and your work product will be quickly visible, tested and validated.
- Building the player game experience by integrating creative assets (art, sounds, effects) without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Tuning and refining new game features as well as supporting game operations by refreshing content
- Acting as a bridge between the creative and engineering teams to realize the vision of the game
- Identifying and solving technical problems during the development, QA, and go-live process
- Investigating new techniques and best practices, then documenting them, implementing them, and training the team
- Using tools and scripts as necessary to optimize workflow
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains while maintaining our high standards for user experience
- You will have responsibility for a smooth pipeline for designs and assets incorporating significant amounts of 2D and 3D elements. The position requires some knowledge and experience of visual effects, scripting, and computer graphics processes
- Create, maintain, and export production-quality graphic assets
- Collaborate with other designers, artists, developers, and product managers to generate effective design solutions and receive feedback
- Working effectively in a deadline-driven environment and having the ability to juggle multiple projects
- At least 1+ year experience in a comparable position/industry or a strong academic track record and portfolio
- Knowledge of current production technologies and their relevant application such as technical knowledge of using Photoshop, Animate/Flash or any other motion graphics application, technical sound, editing skills
- Curious attitude, eager to adopt specific knowledge for the company's pipeline, and continue learning how to use new tools
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and efficient. Energetic, proactive. Very organized - you may be juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Strong communication skills: You will be communicating on a daily basis with technical and creative teams. Specifically, animators and developers
- An interest in and aptitude for optimizing assets for narrow bandwidth or low-performance environments, which may result handling some repetitive tasks
- Additional skills such as 3D (Maya, Modo, or Zbrush) and VFX are a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of Unity3D is a plus, but not required
- Have a passion for games and a healthy respect for our players