We are looking for:
Technical Support Engineer
Seven Bridges Genomics (www.sbgenomics.com) is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. We enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so that they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. We are also building a Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilot for the National Cancer Institute.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will work with our collaborative, cross-functional teams and as a part of our Product Development team. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be in touch with our users and work with our developers, both internal and external, on helping users troubleshoot issues, resolving and escalating them to engineering teams. You will be able to provide valuable input to our development and Customer Service teams in order to contribute to the overall product quality and user satisfaction.
- Researching, troubleshooting and resolving issues raised by our users
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our development team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Analyzing customer cases and providing input to Product Managers and Development Teams for future product improvements through various reports
- Contribute to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams, aiming to resolve issues raised by our customers
- Ensuring proper tracking and resolving of all issues
- Participating in customer training when required
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a strong technical background
- Have a working knowledge of at least one scripting language (i.e. Bash, Python, Go, or Ruby)
- Have a good knowledge of Linux/Unix system
- Be familiar with JIRA or similar ticketing system
- Be familiar with support process in general
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have excellent people skills and customer focus
- Be proficient in both spoken and written English
- Be a strong team player
And we also think that:
- experience or interest in bioinformatics and genomics is a plus
- It is important to be a strong cultural fit, as we value our team more than anything else. Since we like to to share knowledge and learn from each other, you must be willing to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. We offer a relaxed and open work environment, with great conditions and first-hand involvement in one of the most exciting fields of science.
If you would like to help push genomics forward at our well-funded and dynamic startup, please send your resume.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.