NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Test Engineer - Professional Services, Europe COE
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
Primary responsibilities are to define, implement, execute and document test cases and test results to verify that the software under test has been developed as per the relevant functional and technical specifications. This individual will integrate the â€œEurope CxBanking COEâ€ group â€“ a team of highly skilled and motivated Software Engineers and Consultants working on software development and deployment projects throughout Europe. The primary software stack being used by the solution is based on .NET and web technologies (AngluarJS, NodeJS).
- Read and understand business requirements and technical documentation, extract testing requirements and translate those requirements into test scripts that will allow validation of the specific customised functions
- Execute test scripts defined to ensure the quality of delivered ATM Software Builds.
- Mentor and support others more junior than he/she within the test team.
- Document, characterise and investigate internal and customer raised defects.
- Contribute to peer to peer reviews of test requirements and scripts.
- Contribute and communicate internally to continuous improvement, suggesting new or changes to existing processes.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all persons in the team and customers.
- Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
- 3+ years related experience in Software Quality Testing, preferably within Financial system.
- Ability to extract testing requirements from customer documentation and/or technical documentation.
- Ability to define testing requirements.
- Ability to write detailed test scripts.
- Ability to execute test scripts created by others as well as yourself.
- Ability to raise, investigate and characterise defects found during test phases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English is essential)
- ISTQB foundation qualification, or other relevant qualification.
- Ability to define Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Runs and coordinate their implementation / execution.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience working with Jira defect management system.
- Experience with testing of mission critical, event driven, fault tolerant software systems
- Experience of self service applications and relevant standards (CEN-XFS, EMV, PCI, ISO-8583 and so on)
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment and familiarity with Scrum.
Integrated into our shared values is NCRs commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.