User Experience Designer
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 53,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
As User Experience Designer, you will join a team of designers focused on creating effective, delightful and consistent experiences across products within the group. This position will focus on our next generation platform which integrates multiple FIS solutions into a unified offering that services multiple personas across different business lines.
The User Experience Designer will interact with different functions across the group (e.g. product managers, business analysts, QA and developers) as well as a broader design community shaping a common UX Pattern library and Style Guide.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create effective interaction designs for enterprise applications that address the key requirements of end users
- Conduct user research and contextual inquiry, including meeting with customers and potential users to gather contextual data
- Engage subject matter experts to define design parameters and constraints
- Develop concepts and prototypes to help stakeholders envision proposed user experiences
- Facilitate usability tests to capture feedback from users
- Collaborate with the broader UX community on the establishment of common design patterns
- Promote user-centered design principles within the organization
- Strong working knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices
- Ability to translate research and user requirements into effective design decisions
- Strong collaboration skills including the ability to communicate design concepts and justify decisions with fellow designers
- Ability to conduct user interviews, understand the needs of customers, and interpret user insights
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and information organization capabilities
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Working experience with design tools (e.g. Axure, BalsamIQ, Photoshop)
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3 a plus
- Experience with responsive design a plus
- Experience with agile software development a plus
- BA or BS in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic/Visual Arts, Library and Information Science, Information Sciences, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, or a related area.
- At least five years' work experience in user experience or related field, with exposure to enterprise applications.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.