Job location: Belgrade
Do you want to make magical spells come to life?
If so, we are looking for someone to help us shape the direction of our new game within a small independent team. Let's make best-in-class mobile games together.
The VFX Artist in Nordeus will be responsible for creation, implementation, and systems spec for all effects components in the game. They will need to collaborate closely with engineering, design, and the other art disciplines to develop outstanding visual effects.
What will you do:
- Working closely with Designers and Engineers to create handcrafted in-game visual effects to be used for real-time game assets and environments
- Ownership and interaction with programmers and technical art to develop, enhance, and maintain VFX systems
- Establish particle effects, post effects, and lighting effects
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in a real-time game engine
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews
What you should have:
- At least 1 published game as an FX Artist on PC, mobile or console platform
- 2+ years of experience as a professional FX Artist for game development
- Able to paint special FX textures from scratch matching and established style
- Proficient with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with Unity VFX Middleware
- Solving technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance
- Solid understanding of FX authoring process, limitations and dependencies
If your passion is aligned with ours feel free to make the first step. Send us your up-to-date CV, portfolio and cover letter that explains why you believe we are a match.