C++ Development Manager
Do you find the financial markets exciting? Does using technology to develop complex and demanding solutions appeal to you? Then look no further… Come make your career with us!
Fidelity Information Systems (FISTM) is the world’s largest financial technology solutions provider. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward and keep them competitive through thought leadership, operational excellence and innovation. We help our clients transform disruption into opportunity, giving them the tools needed to thrive not just today, but in tomorrow’s financial world.
FISTM Front Arena
At FISTM Front Arena in Stockholm we have been building systems for financial trading, risk management and position control for 30 years. Our systems enable banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions make critical decisions with confidence, execute their orders and follow up their positions independent of the asset class: stocks, commodities, rates or FX. Whether the trade is done through an exchange or over the counter, we’ve got it covered. But that’s just part of the story. In short, we support the whole electronic trading process from sell-side to buy-side, front-to-back.
You will be Managing the Market Integrations team that is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of key market integration solutions to brokers, broker networks and exchanges using exchange provided protocols, FIX protocol etc. The integrations are tightly connected to our sell-side Front Arena Order Management System.
As a Manager you will be responsible for a team of developers, testers and analysts who will design, develop and maintain key market integrations that are critical for daily operations of many global clients. We expect you to:
- Implement a successful local scrum process
- Monitor the progress in the team
- Take critical decisions and suggest improvements
- Follow up KPI’s with individual people as well as for the entire team
- Coordinate communication with other distributed FIS teams in EMEA and Asia as well as with the exchanges and customers
We offer you technical and functional challenges, where understanding customer requirements and solving problems is an integral part of the job. The development mainly involves using C++ (STL, boost or other technology based on problem definition and individual developer choice) and our proprietary integration frameworks and map language (similar to Python) that facilitate easy integration and help shorten time to market.
In this cross-functional agile team, you will take full responsibility for the team’s solutions which includes continuous improvements and innovation. We believe that the best solutions are built if you can be proud of what you produce! By working closely together the FIX team you will get a deep understanding of market needs.
We strongly believe that passion for financial markets and programming are equally necessary! We know that we can accomplish a lot more together than as individuals so are you a creative, passionate and a caring team player?
- MSc. in Computer Science or similar degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of managing a software development team
- Experience in agile software development
- Experience in object oriented design and programming, data structures etc.
- Experience of using STL, boost or other 3rd party C++ libraries
- Experienced in real-time data processing, multi-threading, IPC and TCP/IP stack
- Likes test driven development
- Delivers high quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Good skills in English
- An analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude to problem solving
- Driven and enjoy influencing the direction of your own development
- Collaborative and like to share knowledge
- Constantly challenging existing mindsets and ways of doing things for the better
- Experienced with working in agile teams using continuous delivery practices
- End user focused and passionate about user experience
Bonus if you have:
- Previous experience of integration type of work
- Previous experience with the FIX protocol
- Experience in financial markets
- Previous experience with exchange protocols
But most of all we expect you to have a genuine interest in solving technical and financial related problems and working with software development! We are passionate about our work, but we also know that life balance is important and that a fun workplace breeds creativity and innovation!
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only following link in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered): Apply Here.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.