FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 53,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
This is an exciting and challenging position within a successful software development team in the Financial Services sector. The success of the business means that this is also a fast paced, yet rewarding environment in which to work. The role is a hands-on focussed role and we are looking for someone with analytical skills to confidently get up to speed. The products are highly complex; therefore, this represents a significant challenge and certainly a great opportunity to start with or take your career in QA to the next level.
- Test Execution
- Assisting with the delivery of this together with the investigation and reporting of defects/bugs found to conclusion.
- Preparation of both manual and automated test-cycle plans, aligned to business needs
- Hands on execution of manual and automated test cases, recording the metrics and defects found during this activity
- Reporting on risks and issues, with recommended steps to resolve
- Delivering regular progress/status reports as required
- Managing all work in a co-operative team environment, using a workflow system
- Test Development and Maintenance
- Developing and maintaining Insurance product test models
- Developing and maintaining manual and automation regression test plans, working with the QA, Business Analyst and Systems Development teams as required
- Ownership of test coverage (manual and automated) for some products/projects, reporting on this
- Collaboration with business and development to incorporate product changes and new functionality in a timely manner
- Undertaking effective reviews for test development work
- Analysing and reporting on the QA processes, with a view to ensuring continuous improvement
- Significant experience in similar QA or Testing role
- Thorough understanding of standard testing principles, methodologies and terminology
- Developing, maintaining and executing test plans
- Risk analysis with application to test prioritisation
- Ability to work in a co-operative team environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge and proven experience of the full systems development lifecycle/application lifecycle management, covering both Agile and Waterfall
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with applications/tools including:
- Source control, e.g. ClearCase, VSS, SVN, Rational
- Test management software, e.g. Quality Centre, TFS
- Test automation software, e.g. QTP, TestComplete, Silktest
- Microsoft applications, including Office, SQL, ODBC
- Virtualization Software, including VMWare
- Experience in programming / use of compilers / profiling tools
- Mathematical skills/knowledge
- Fluency in second language
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.