At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The job holder supports the corresponding Manager in all activities of the department and ensures active participation in the daily business of his/her responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with the Business to define and document functional and technical requirements.
- Adopt data modeling & data flow design best practices to develop robust & scalable solutions.
- Ensures billing of her/his projects and changes.
- User training.
- Activate, Configure & Enhance Business Content Extractors.
- Optimize reporting and data load performance.
- Design and develop front-end analytics, reports and dashboards using Power BI, SAP Business Objects (BOBJ), SAP Web Intelligence (WEBI), SAP Analysis for Office, and Tableau.
- Communicate and deploy changes in the production environment.
- Design, develop, configure, transport, test and deploy SAP BW on HANA solutions that are robust and supportable.
- Design and develop complex BEx queries to meet reporting requirements.
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, data sources and required routines.
- Good knowledge of SAP ABAP development experience.
- Provide expertise and advice on solutions and designs.
- Investigate application issues and provide timely solutions.
- Defining technical specifications and creating software documentations according to Magna Global IT standards.
- Control of change requests and development of technical solutions according to the Magna Global IT Standards.
- Support and mentor divisional Analysts on data sources, SQL, ETL, report development, dashboard, and visualization.
- Participate in software evaluations and proofs of concept.
- Contribute to BI&A Strategy, Roadmap, and Budget development.
- Time tracking according to Magna Global IT standards.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or other comparable education.
- 5+ years of experience working on end-to-end projects developing corporate Reporting and Analytics, SAP BW/BI on HANA experience including Extraction, Modeling Query design with strong emphasis in solutions for SAP ECC SD, JIT/JIS, MM, PP, QM, MM, WM, FICO.
- ABAP experience is an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience with:
- SAP Business Warehouse (BW) on HANA.
- SAP Web Intelligence.
- SAP Analysis for Office Excel.
- SAP Business Objects (BOBJ).
- Tableau / Tableau Prep.
- SAP Analytics Hub.
- SQL Server.
- Some experience in Project Management.
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral).
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Independent and methodical working style.
- Practice-oriented way of working, technical enthusiasm and goal orientation.
- Teamwork and customer orientation.
- High internal and external service orientation.
- Initiative, creativity, diligence and accuracy, willingness and ability to acquire new skills.
10-25% Regular Overnight Travel.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.