FoodStyles is looking for a senior .NET developer to join our development team. You will help support our mission to help people get better food that fits their diet and cravings all the time everywhere. If you share our passion to give more enjoyment and health to the world through food, come join us.
What you'll do:
- Be a valued member of an agile team of professionals, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Develop stable scraping strategies for scraping information from various websites.
- Take ownership of building our scraping engine. Come up with creative solutions and create technical specifications for them.
- Ensure a high quality of the code and the scalability of the architecture on the projects you work on.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and scrapers to solve interesting and challenging problems.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced .NET developer with at least 5 years of experience, who has been involved in a number of large-scale projects.
- You have a deep understanding of coding patterns, data structures, and you can build clean, extendable and scalable code.
- You are proficient with the following: .NET Core/ASP.NET Core, Docker, Restful APIs, SQL databases and message brokers like Kafka.
- You have a basic DevOps experience (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems.
Why work with us:
- You will work with the latest technologies and tools (.NET Core, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Google Cloud)
- A dedicated operations team will help you with any manual work necessary, so you can only focus on building software.
- You will work directly with the CTO and CEO of the company, and take full ownership for building the scraping engine.
- You will solve problems that no-one solved before. This is not a boring job where you only do CRUD operations.
- We offer a competitive salary and the possibility of remote work.
Why work with us?
FoodStyles is built on continuous improvement, transparency and maximum momentum. We've built a company we truly love working for, and we think you will love it too.
Fast and data-driven decision making
Building on sound data is the norm. Many decision are based on assumptions, experience and intuition in order to keep momentum. Being clear about what the grounds are for decisions creates faster and more precise learning.
Encouraging debate and avoiding compromise
Encouraging passionate factual disagreement while avoiding consensus creates faster and better learning. The best solutions are often just based on just one side of the argument and requires you to get behind someone else’s idea.
Be authentic and good
Bureaucracy and politics are needed when people lack purpose and passion. It slows you down, costs money and decreases quality. Being authentic means embracing mistakes, disagreements and learning in order to fulfill a purpose. Trying to do good and assuming that other people have good intentions creates positive energy.
While we encourage people to come to the office, you can work from any place where you are the happiest and most productive.
We offer a very competitive, above market salary, also the possibility to get share options after a trial period.