Rho is on a mission to make finance frictionless for organizations. We solve finance for high-performance companies using technology to deliver America’s only all-in-one cash & spend management platform for mid-market and enterprise clients. We have raised $205m to date and are backed by leading investors like Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, M13, and Inspired Capital, among others leading investors.
Headquartered in NYC with a globally-distributed workforce, our team includes alumni from some of the world's leading organizations, including American Express, Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Twitter, and Snap.
We're looking for an AML Risk Officer based out of our European headquarters in Belgrade.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying and assessing transaction monitoring risk where it exists and developing and implementing solutions to address such risk;
- Identifying potential suspicious activity transaction alerts for potential fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, and other illicit activities;
- Ensuring efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions;
- Ensuring alert cases are handled in accordance with procedures that meet standards for both quality and timeliness;
- Conducting EDD and CDD on business entities and specific beneficiary owners and/or business associates of specific entities;
- Ensuring escalation of alerts are properly handled and documented according to procedures;
- Interacting with other departments/lines of business on the resolution of issues (ex. Operations Department, and clients);
- Staying abreast of regulatory changes and AML-related news.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an AML/fraud transaction monitoring specific role, or AML/fraud consulting/advisory role
- University degree in Business or related field
- Excel and/or programming skills
- Experience and knowledge of various customer types, particularly business customers, and their respective functions
- The ability to decision transaction monitoring alert cases with minimal guidance and supervision
- The ability to independently conduct EDD with high-risk or suspicious customers
- The ability to recognize potential suspicious transactional activities (i.e. patterns of structuring, unusual/inconsistent customer transactional activities, high-risk geographies)
- Understanding of compliance and BSA/AML regulatory requirements, risks, and implications
Nice to Have:
- Ability to develop fraud risk models (preferred)
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Strong communication skills to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- Work well independently, and also as part of a team
- CAMS certification or similar
- The ability to conduct independent AML/fraud penetration testing as it relates to current operating procedures
What we offer:
- Truly competitive package, depending on your interview results
- Private medical insurance
- Covered cost of parking for the on-site staff (Rajićeva Shopping Center)
- Personal Learning and Development budget
- Lunch at work
- Work equipment
Note that due to the role specifics, working hours for this role start between 12 pm and 14 pm.
Diversity and transparency are core values at Rho. We’re passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all those involved with our mission, including employees, contractors, candidates, customers and vendors. We believe every member of the Rho community enriches our ability to provide a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the market, identify problems, and drive solutions that align with our mission. We welcome all qualified applications and support each of our Rho’ers with ongoing professional growth opportunities.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity while recruiting for our team. We welcome all qualified applications.