Do you want to work with a company that is fun, hard-working and delivers excellence? If the answer is yes, then read further…
We are looking to hire a AWS Cloud Administrator that will work closely with our team at Thunderbite to produce engaging products for our customers. Your skills will be used to maintain a stable and secure a safe environment for our clients applications to live on as well as making them highly available.
We are a company that builds and provides marketing promotions for clients with a special emphasis on the iGaming industry. The campaigns Thunderbite delivers are bespoke and we are always open to new concepts and innovative ways of working to produce a quality service. In order to do this well, we are all passionate, highly motivated and extremely proud of what we do and we are looking for another individual that possesses those attributes. We all work in separate locations around the world so logistics isn't a priority, but you have to be able to work independently though still as a part of a team, your communication skills are therefore one of the keys to success.
We aim to be the best at what we do and need a well skilled and experienced AWS Cloud Administrator that is both eager and determined to make our services available 24/7/365 without any major disruptions. At Thunderbite with make heavy usage of the PHP framework Laravel and its related ecosystem. Our services are provisioned by utilising Laravel Vapor to AWS.
You will be responsible for
- Monitoring environments, determining alert strategies and acting on any triggered alerts
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance and availability issues with any of our mechanics
- Track, report, respond to, and remediate cyber security threats
- Security patching of services
- Managing the state of all components in Amazon cloud infrastructure and making sure we won't hit any limits
- Experience with GIT
- Supporting our clients through our support desk
- Supporting colleagues if / when issues arise
- You will be required to analyse and identify bottlenecks in performance
- Proactively staying abreast of new AWS offerings and services
- Maintaining disaster recovery procedures and environment
- Securing our Cloud environment
- Continually improve uptime and availability for customer systems
- Carry out other activities as required by the Company
- Identifying and optimising bottlenecks on our MySQL databases
- Bonus points for experience with
Managing your own time
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Laravel Forge
- Experience with Laravel Vapor
- Experience in working remotely / with a fully remote team
- Pay: Depending on what you bring to the team
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Fully remote based role
- Full-time role
- Based in Europe
How to apply
We would love to see some examples of your work where you utilised the skills required for the job, your blog (if you have one) and a cover letter with answers to at least the following questions: Why would you like to work with Thunderbite?
Can you share at least one piece of work you are really proud of and which falls in line with the job specifications.
Can you give us a brief description about your background, how do you work, what motivates you and how do you manage to work remotely?